Denied Micameww's Staff Application - [EU] 2.0

Thoughts?

• Total voters

4Gpuglife

Established member
So this is actually my second application. I applied a bit over two years ago I think, it is time to give it a second try since I got denied the first time. Well, the thing is, I am really a nobody. Let me explain. I generally aim to make the community a better place, not to be known for my kindness, but simply for being a fair and efficient staff member.
Former application if curious:
https://sagepvp.org/forum/threads/micamewws-staff-application-eu.10002/#post-56587

IGN (In-Game Name): Micameww.

---

---

Timezone: Central European Summer Time [CEST].
For info, I live in Denmark.

---

Do you have any previous staff experience? Well, I certainly do. A list of servers I have staffed on is provided below, however, have I have provided the relevant ones with actual proof.

• MinemenClub: [Rank achieved - SENIOR-MODERATOR] [Resignation] Duration - 2 month(s)] [Playerbase - 100-2000] PROOF: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/677296305722359812/982461007295299584/unknown.png - If some are unsure, the proof provided here is simply of the 2FA Authentication code that only staff members would have to use to enter MinemenClub on that account ofcourse. This was simply for safety purposes if the staffed account simply got hijacked or so. I am sure many servers use this.
    I know this does not directly prove that I held a Senior Moderator rank, but it sure proves that I was staff.
UnicPvP
Well this server was more Administration than general staff work, such as moderating the chat, keeping cheaters of and so. This position actually made me learn what it means to hold responsibility.

ColdNetwork
At the time, the largest community I have ever staffed on, now, not so much. I applied specifically here for a reason, I knew that ColdNetwork staff members and their team, specifically focused a lot on screensharing and how to detect cheats that are not caught by the eye.

MinemenClub
Let me be completely honest here, after I got denied on here I got really frustrated, so I dropped another application off at MinemenClub. Some of you would realize this if you read my previous application, that this server did not include.
However, I got accepted on my dream server at the time, and gave it my all, worked my way up in ranks and gained alot of experience. What I specifically focused on here, was actually supporting people, moderating the chat, handling different situations and so. I mean, it was and still is a big server, which makes it stressful to staff on obviously, even if you have consistent staff. So I did get a taste of a stressful life on Minecraft. In my opinion, this makes me more reliable in the future, not only did I have alot of responsibility on here, but I also had to perform at my best to keep up with other staff members on the team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

If accepted, how would you improve the players' experience? Here is why.
  • Experience: As you can see above, I have had quite the adventure throughout staffing on different Minecraft server, all pvp related actually. After doing this for a while, you realize what this industry really is and what it is you are dealing with. You have analyzed it at this point, that you know how to handle almost everything, regardless of the situation. I can assure, you that I dress to impress.

• Maturity/Professionalism: Knowning the different between Maturity and professionalism is important. The truth is, there is none. They are both connected. If you are not mature, you can not be professional. It is the sad truth. As I am a mature male who understands professionalism, I understand how to make someone else look good, in this case, the server. I know have to do proper staff work whilst providing a smile for the community.

• Loyalty: Another confession here, my last application got set to pending, I hopped into Teamspeak and got a doublecheck of some sort if I recall correctly. This was a normal procedure of senior staff members on here checking you out. If you are connected to any kind of hackergroups if you are double staffing or so. Well, unfortunately, I was still staff on a few really small servers and did not think much of it. Well, the thing is, what's to stop me from doing this again you might ask. I can only say that I matured.

• Activity: So what I want people to understand is, that I have a life, a family, I work, I focus on my health and obviously I have school. Well the thing is, I am in high school at the moment, though summer just started and I am having 2-3 months of free time. I know, it sounds nice. However, I think these thing are important to understand because, I am a human, I can not be on all day. This is not a 9-5 job, it is simply something I would like to do because I enjoy it, and I think I am great at it. So I will be on and I will not be unnoticed. I believe that having goals in life generally benefits you, and your focus, which provides for this position as staff.

• Multitasking: It is arguable that men can not multitask, see I disagree. I by scouting for cheaters in game whilst assisting on Discord or Teamspeak is multitasking. I am exceptionally good at doing this. I am sure most from this industry have two or even three monitors, personally, I have two. Well, it is incredible how much it increases your productivity, and what you can do faster than before. I rely alot on my focus etc. because it helps me with these small tasks which I will be able to apply here.
    Well another thing I believe is quite important, is how fast you type. For example, in school, it is easier to take notes if you are fast with a keyboard. It is exactly the same here. The faster you can use a keyboard, the faster you are at solving alot of problems, also at once. It is important that issues that appear, are tackled with precision.

• Screensharing: To be honest, I have not been active on Minecraft for the past 1.5 years or so. So my screensharing game is a little rusty. However, I have saved my screensharing tools and so, my methods etc. I am however a bit out dated about cheats, ghost clients and so, and even different methods for finding them. I am however a quick study and have a decent memory when things interest me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any vouchers? No.

---

Additional Information? If needed - https://namemc.com/profile/Micameww.1.

SCENARIOS

"Wrongfully punished" - If this happen, I professionally apoligize after revoking the punishment.

"Why was I punished?" - If this questions is asked, depends on if it is a friend who asked, I would not be able to reply with that information, because it does not concern the friend. If it is the customer you could say, I would reply with "You were cheating, you may appeal at ..."

"I bought something from the store, why have I not revcieved it yet?" - If the customer seems a big freaked out, I would get him/her to calm down, and explain that we are going to figure everything out. I would then start asking such as:
- Have you checked your E-Mail?
- Did you check if the payment went through?
If these were not the case, and I am unable to help, I would contact a superior staff member.

"What would you do if 6 people need your support at the same time?" - Well, first of all, I would take sip of water, just to get my head strait. I always have water beside me, it helps me focus. Then I would simply try contacting another staff member to assist me, already there it got less stressful. If this is not available, I would simply take on at a time. However, I expect as much of my fellows staff members as they do of me. I take supports, and they take supports. So if there is another staff member online, doing nothing whilst I am supporting 6 people or more at once, I would let him/her know, in a nice way ofcourse.

Do feel free to mention improvement for my application, I highly value others opinions as much as my own. Thank you.

Kind regards Micameww.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+1 looks good, the proof for experience looks incredibly suspicious though, I would look into that.

arqf

This deserves a +1 for me, I like the amount of details and the effort put into this application. I like what you did with the colors, the spacing all those extra fancy stuff. I really like it. Best Of Luck 🙏

Micameww

This deserves a +1 for me, I like the amount of details and the effort put into this application. I like what you did with the colors, the spacing all those extra fancy stuff. I really like it. Best Of Luck 🙏
Means a lot man.

Sewing

Veteran Member
Hello.
I have reviewed your application. Unfortunately, it has been denied.
You may re-apply in 2 weeks.