Why was I demoted?

Anonymous

Known member
Why was Miggot / Anonymous / Matt demoted?

This topic could really go multiple ways, but I'm going to keep it as short as possible while telling the details I want to mention. Scottay says "You come back every 3 months and are mad annoying." To which I replied if he had an example, which was never given. We had a back and forth for a while until basically I was told that since he's a manager, he can do whatever he wants. This is true, but outrageous to me at the same time that he feels it was necessary to ban me: In game, teamspeak, discord, and our staff chat, just for 2 words that were said in chat. These 2 words were nothing that would hurt anyone's feelings and were meant 100% as a joke. I will link the video of the time I got demoted (watch now and read the rest after):
https://youtu.be/yLZk8gDXf0E

Summary:
After watching the video, you will see what I meant by a joke. This was clearly taken as the most serious thing on Sage for me to have been Scottays' only demotion ever. But yes, as you can see, the 2 words "good puppy" is what got me demoted along with the other times I was "mad annoying" that was never elaborated on. I don't think this was fair to me by any means, but Scottay can do anything on the server that he want's to and there's nothing I can do about it.

Background of me:
If you want some background on me, I've been staffing on and off for SagePvP for the past year and a half. I currently work 2 jobs and 50+ hours a week and still manage my average 12-16 hours of playtime per week. Over my time as staff, I have documented over 500 punishments, reached Mod+ rank multiple different times, and helped the community in so many ways. I have built spawns, koths, and random builds on the build server for kit map such as sumos and 1v1 arenas for practice in early 2021 and 2020. I have screenshared many people on the server and have really improved my skills in this area. None of this really matters in the end though. I only did what I did for one main goal, to make Sage a better place and community for those in it. It was never all about a title or promotion, it was always about being able to do more and do what I know I'm capable of doing. It was always about doing the little things within my job that I knew would ultimately benefit Sage, not me. I didn't have to spend hundreds of hours staffing or spend time during recovery from surgeries or family events to be in staff meetings. I didn't have to continue staffing after portions of my house flooded or went through hurricanes, but I did and I always did it because I really cared about the server and those that play it.

Conclusion:
Unfortunately, it seems it has come time for me to part ways with staffing on Sage based on the comments Scottay gave me. Scottay is not a bad guy for doing this at all, he even said he would vouch me for another server, but he said it's just not my place anymore. At the end of the day, I have to respect his decision and move on how I'm being told. Please don't go hate on Scottay for this or send him any bad messages, he's doing what he thinks is best for the server, and if that's me gone, then it's going to be that way. It was a great time getting to staff with all these guys here, especially a few I want to give special thanks to.

Elway:
Thank you Elway for being that one guy I can always go and talk to about something. It was 2020 when we started staffing together and you knew all the struggles I went through in my IRL life. We've gotten to know each other and see each other grow while at sage in our time here. You've been a great mentor, staff manager, and a better friend. I wish you the best of luck as you continue to dedicate time and effort to the server, staff team, and community beyond.

Calvin:
Although Calvin isn't here at Sage anymore, this guy was amazing while he was here. He would give it to you as it is and tell you when you messed up. He gave me second chances and gave me warnings, but he always cared about growing me as a staff member and better person. Thank you Calvin for also being a great Mentor and my first Staff Manager here at Sage. You were and still are an amazing guy to me, and I appreciate that.

Deployable:
Even though we didn't always have the best of talks or relationship, you still made it to my list of people to thank. Once again, along with Elway, we all started within 2-3 weeks of each other. You were always there to tell me when I was wrong or needed to change something and were always doing things for the better of the server. You're a great fit for staff manager along with Elway, and you deserve lots of credit for the work you do. Thank you for being there for me through all of that.

Dye (Hunter):
You have been an awesome guy throughout my time here. My first SS test was with you and my first SS verified came from you. Even though there was some time in between that you weren't here, you were still there if I needed advice or anything really. You were a good mentor the whole time and really cared about the other people on the staff team. Thank you for all you've done for me.

Staff Team:
You guys are where it's at. Whether it be current staff, demoted staff, retired staff, you guys did it too. You spent time on the server to help the server be a better place and be a better community. Collectively, the staff team puts in ~250 hours a week. These guys work so hard to keep the server running well and making sure it's a fun and clean environment. Thank you all for your constant support not only for me, but each other within the staff team. When it's someone else getting promoted and congratulating him for the day or when it's a new staff hire and you're welcoming them and offering your help for any questions they have, every little thing benefits the server and makes it the awesome server it is.

No one will ever see Sage the way staff see it, and no one will ever see it the way I see it. I've had 6 years of experience and I've never gotten close to the people here than I have anywhere else. Best of luck to all.
- Matt​

Ties

Established member
really unfortunate u lost ur rank

i remember using ur ts account a shit ton to troll lol

SellPhone

Elway's Biggest Fan
See like I can tell you wrote something sad and like showing your side, but I’m not reading all of that Matt LOL. Love you

D

Deleted member1 - Irish

that's the biggest ego I have ever seen in my life. scottay has to chill out lmao