When making a staff application, DON'T do this...

CrxssCourt

One thing I constantly see across all applications, is shit like personality traits such as "respect" "dedication" "experience" "maturity" and so on. Below each topic is a generic paragraph, I don't see the point in doing this. Every single applicant does this thing and 9/10, if you compare these sections from two different applications, they have the same generic sayings, "I think it is essential for a staff member to have respect for others" "I am extremely mature for my age and this is why I will make a good staff member" and so on... In my opinion, this is just a way to lengthen out you're application, nothing more then that. If you're trying to make you're application stand out among others, please don't do this. Rather come up with another unique addition to you're application which will catch the managers attention.

Let me know what you guys think about this topic below :)

Ties

Established member
does it really matter botingsjr?

lets be honest, at the end of the day the app isn't what gets you accepted...

Sauds

Legendary Member
They are away to point out to the staff management that you have dedication towards writing a detail application. If your application has less then 1,000 words personally I think you shouldn’t ever get staff nor be allowed to apply as the managers don’t know enough about you which is what your application should persist of.

I’ve been writing applications for over 7 years and have sold quite a few (over 50) I can guarantee it helps your application.

CrxssCourt

They are away to point out to the staff management that you have dedication towards writing a detail application. If your application has less then 1,000 words personally I think you shouldn’t ever get staff nor be allowed to apply as the managers don’t know enough about you which is what your application should persist of.

I’ve been writing applications for over 7 years and have sold quite a few (over 50) I can guarantee it helps your application.
So you're telling me that listing this shit does anything? No it doesn't it's generic info that everybody writes in their application, same sentences, same sayings, same bullshit. And 1000 words my ass, word count means near to nothing. What you're saying is you need to write 1000 words for them to know you? That is so far from right brother

ExternalHacks

So you're telling me that listing this shit does anything? No it doesn't it's generic info that everybody writes in their application, same sentences, same sayings, same bullshit. And 1000 words my ass, word count means near to nothing. What you're saying is you need to write 1000 words for them to know you? That is so far from right brother

you have no clue what you are talking about I have always written applications with those headings with then a para under them and they have always been accepted as to when I didn't do that they always got denied

writing these headings and then a para under them is a better way to layout an application so that you don't just write an application that is just one big para that is going off in different directions having these headings lays it out better and lets the reader know what you are trying to explain in that para

CrxssCourt

you have no clue what you are talking about I have always written applications with those headings with then a para under them and they have always been accepted as to when I didn't do that they always got denied

writing these headings and then a para under them is a better way to layout an application so that you don't just write an application that is just one big para that is going off in different directions having these headings lays it out better and lets the reader know what you are trying to explain in that para
It is useless periodt

Sauds

Legendary Member
Let’s look at this from an none autistic standpoint. Staffing is a job correct? Well forget it’s minecraft for a second and say you’re applying to work at Apple for example. Your application they want to get to know you, list of potential skills you can develop on etc, I promise you it does help. Also any job after uni will expect 1-5k words to get to know you. That’s just the applying stage, interviews can take hours, my point is the more you write, less you have to say in an interview as you’ve already done so.

ExternalHacks

Let’s look at this from an none autistic standpoint. Staffing is a job correct? Well forget it’s minecraft for a second and say you’re applying to work at Apple for example. Your application they want to get to know you, list of potential skills you can develop on etc, I promise you it does help. Also any job after uni will expect 1-5k words to get to know you. That’s just the applying stage, interviews can take hours, my point is the more you write, less you have to say in an interview as you’ve already done so.

well said

R0CE

Established member

bd279f38375e37e8de4a729eb165829a.png

That's hypixel...
The more you write, the more they will know about you. You don't have to write like 10k words. But at least get like a solid 1.5-5k. It's decent. I don't really think an application can define a person but it can tell quite a bit. I'm dyslexic myself so, writing is not that easy for me.

Last edited:

Sauds

Legendary Member
I’m dyslexic when it comes to typing, speaking and reading, never held me back. For people to blame that is bullshit, have you seen some of the people with dyslexia and where they’re at in life? Also I wasn’t on about Hypixel, I was talking about my experience on Sage and being in many interviews.

Edit:

View attachment 966
That's hypixel...
The more you write, the more they will know about you. You don't have to write like 10k words. But at least get like a solid 1.5-5k. It's decent. I don't really think an application can define a person but it can tell quite a bit. I'm dyslexic myself so, writing is not that easy for me.

You totally agreed with everything I said, my bad ?

Last edited: