Denied Tukyo's Staff Application [US/NA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukyo

IGN (In-Game Name): Tukyo

Region (EU/NA/Other): NAE

Do you have any previous staff experience?: No

Why would you like to become a staff member?: I would like to be a staff member because I enjoy running things and helping things grow. I recently made a discord with some friends and over 3 weeks now the discord is at 400 members. While doing the discord it was so much fun running my own server and keeping everything in order. It was fun to grow my own community and learn from others and teach others and have fun in the process. I want to take these skills that I've gotten from managing servers and other games servers and put them into this server because I enjoy playing it. Not only that but I want to keep this game free from hackers and make it enjoyable for everyone. Like just today while playing there was a bhopper going around and killing people, and I've seen so many cases where people do stuff like pearl glitch out of my base and other's bases and it just destroys the fun especially when that person doesn't record. I want to keep this server free from that and help anyone in need. Another thing I want to try to get rid of or just make it happen less is the toxicity. Over the past few days of me playing people have been very toxic towards me and others after getting killed or any other reason. I know i cant eliminate toxicity but I want to try to lower it and change the community a bit and make it less toxic. Stuff, like talking it out with others, and trying to find common ground or a solution both would like, or just being kind towards others, are small things we can do to make the community less toxic.

If accepted, how would you improve the players' experience?:

If I were to be accepted, I would try my hardest to help in any case and at any time I can. I would try my best to positively impact this growing community and help people enjoy the game and the server. While helping others I will constantly keep a formal and respectful attitude towards others to try to keep the situation under control at all times. I will also be very motivated and online all the time, so I'll keep the servers alive and checked so if anyone needs to help Ill to be there. I'll try to eliminate not having a staff to help someone from happening again. I'll also try to leave a positive impact on the server and its community so people want to join back and not just quit and to allow them to enjoy the server as much as they can.

If you were to rate your honesty on a scale of 1-10, what would it be and why?
If I were to rate myself on a scale from 1-10 I would rate myself a 10 because throughout my childhood and even now I've learned countless times and seen how bad lying is. I grew up getting told to never lie because it gets you nowhere and just puts you in trouble and makes life harder for yourself. So I learned that telling the truth is way better just because it doesn't make stuff worse for yourself and others. Your friends and even family can lose all their trust in you, which is a terrible thing with lying. And when something like this happens it's almost impossible to gain that trust and friendship back. So because of this, I've realized that telling the truth even in situations that would get me in trouble it's still better to end up telling the truth overlying.

Can any current staff members vouch for you?: (optional)
Permissions and Syeki

Additional Information?:
Um, I'm 16, I speak English and Ukrainian/Russian, and this summer I plan on learning Japanese. I have nothing to do especially with covid so I'm just home on my computer a lot of the day and I love computers(like coding and stuff with eclipse and python). And lastly, has anyone here listened to Big Poppa - The Notorious B.I.G.? Its a bop

Activity
If I became staff on Sage I would put all my effort and time into this server and because of online school, I am on my computer almost all day. This has me logged on during school and after whenever I finish my homework or have nothing to do. As there may be days I won't be logged on as much, like with the soon upcoming month of finals, and the needed studying for it which will limit my activity. Besides that on the weekends and times where I am not busy, I will be active at all the times possible. Though even if I am doing work or am studying my messages are always open on discord or any other social media where anyone can feel free to msg me and I will respond as soon as I see the message. This allows me to be active around 6+ hours daily.

Honesty
As said before, I believe honesty is key in a good relationship between others and with your own morals. Telling the truth is overall better than lying. This will be incorporated with a warning, muting, banning, etc. I will be always honest and make sure that every offense I give to someone is a correct offense for their situation. I will always make sure it isn't a false offense or biased in any way. So I will listen to both sides and figure out the real situation of what occurred and make sure it is dealt with perfectly.

Communication
Whenever I am on my computer, I am always on discord. I can easily switch that over to TeamSpeak and be there all the time. So I will actively be communicating with other staff and players on the server in both TeamSpeak and Discord any time I possibly can. I also find it fun to talk to others in stuff like Team Speak and Discord instead of using chat or team chat to message others. So I will most likely always be in a TeamSpeak call or discord call in the server with another.

Recording
I have multiple recording software's aswell as software like Insta Replay to record any situation and every situation needed. This gives me the possibility to record all the time and any time needed. This also allows me to show proof of any Ban/Warn/Mute I do because I can easily record or Insta Replay it. So showing proof of punishments is not a problem for me at all. This also allows me to counter anyone complaining about false bans or asking or ban appeals when I have clear evidence of their offense.

Maturity
As listed at the top, I am only 16 years old which is basically the bare minimum for the age requirement. Though I don't think this is a problem because I and others believe I am very mature for my age. I take things seriously, respectfully, and responsibly at all times. I do have a big sense of humor but I know when to act professional and to act responsibly. I also do understand when a situation requires me to act seriously or when the situation is about a serious topic I know when to control myself and how I act. Knowing the person I am, I personally believe that I am mature enough to be on the Sage staff team even though I am on the younger side.

Thanks for reading my staff application, I hope you put some consideration into me. I will be sure to surprise you

Last edited:

ignXan

Neutral

- No experience BUT you have a decent amount of detail.

Good luck with your application!

Joee

You have a very good application, good detail.

However, I believe it's probably wise to get experience rather than going straight for sage. In the rare occasion you are accepted, you could get very overwhelmed by working here if you haven't dealt with it before on smaller servers. Sage is quite big.

If you could come back after a few months and get decent experience, it would show a lot about your character, so if you could act on that, it would be very helpful in your future application here, if you decide to make one.

for now though, -1

good luck!

Tukyo

You have a very good application, good detail.

However, I believe it's probably wise to get experience rather than going straight for sage. In the rare occasion you are accepted, you could get very overwhelmed by working here if you haven't dealt with it before on smaller servers. Sage is quite big.

If you could come back after a few months and get decent experience, it would show a lot about your character, so if you could act on that, it would be very helpful in your future application here, if you decide to make one.

for now though, -1

good luck!
Thank you for your input, I will look into smaller servers to apply for. I just at the moment really enjoy playing this server and its community and would like to impact it in any way I can. I understand what you mean though if i somehow do get accepted I know already a lot of the staff, and some staff that haven't had experience before the same way I didn't that'll teach me scenarios and other things that I may not know. But I do understand what you're saying but I just have a feeling like I'll do fine if I put enough time and effort into doing my best. Thank you for the input and the good luck!

Joee

Thank you for your input, I will look into smaller servers to apply for. I just at the moment really enjoy playing this server and its community and would like to impact it in any way I can. I understand what you mean though if i somehow do get accepted I know already a lot of the staff, and some staff that haven't had experience before the same way I didn't that'll teach me scenarios and other things that I may not know. But I do understand what you're saying but I just have a feeling like I'll do fine if I put enough time and effort into doing my best. Thank you for the input and the good luck!
Just saying it may be different in the heat of the moment. You seem very fit, I'm just concerned about the experience aspect of things, although, you do seem confident in yourself, and I can see you being a staff member.

Good luck!

Tukyo

Just saying it may be different in the heat of the moment. You seem very fit, I'm just concerned about the experience aspect of things, although, you do seem confident in yourself, and I can see you being a staff member.

Good luck!
Thank you once again! and if I do become a staff member Ill do the best I can and all I can do to be the best version that I can be

WuMarik

Awesome Dude
Thanks for taking the time to create an application, but we won't be moving forward with it at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.