Yes.

Do you have Discord, Telegram & Teamspeak?:

Yes, I do.

Discord: TLR#7233
----
Telegram: TLRBestEU

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Do you have any previous Staff Experience?:

Yes, i do, i used to staff on a server by the name of MildHCF, my role was Moderator and I spent a lot of my time there before the Server shutdown in the middle of last year, i used to do what most mod's would do, my responsibilities being to ban hackers, keep chat clean such as making sure no doxing was released or racism tolerated, and also other responsibilities such as watching over people to check if they cheat, whether it was for minutes or hours (as the server was not very big it could have gone up to hours).

Why do you want to become Staff?:

Because i do believe i can truly do good for SagePvP, i have played on here for awhile now and while i may have not have supported SagePvP in the way most people do, buying ranks, i like to try support Sage by being positive, happy and staying out of trouble, i also love interacting with the community and this is one of the many thing's that make me happy on Sage.

Why should we accept you as a Staff?:
So I am like a lot of other people, I am nice, mature and I strive to become a staff member on SagePvP, but I have some qualities about me that I believe will set me away from other applicants.

[ Helpful ]
If someone asks a question in chat, I'll answer it to the best of my ability. However, if I don't know the answer, I'm not going to give them some BS - I'll let them know that I don't know what the answer is and that I'll ask another staff member who might know more than me.

[ Friendly ]
I'd like to think that I'm friendly. You respect me, and I'll respect you. You don't respect me, and I'll still be polite towards you. This also kind of ties into the part about being helpful, in that I'm not the type of person to answer the question, but answer it in a demeaning way which makes you wish you hadn't asked in the first place.

[ Initiative ]
I'm the type of person to do something even though nobody expects me to. For example, I wrote a guide as a helper about what I'd learned in my two weeks so that other helpers could make less of the same mistakes as I did. This initiative was noticed by the admins and was (I think, anyway) what allowed me to become a moderator in such a short period of time - I was promoted something like 2 days after posting the guide to the staff sub forum.

[ Driven ]
When I do something, I do it to the best of my ability. I neglected to mention that, before I was a staff member, I was a bug tester for MildHcf, and a good one at that. The QA-Admin thought I asked way too many questions, but he had to admit that Yousef (a fellow QA-turned-helper) and I were good at thoroughly testing each of the bug reports filed, even the extremely difficult ones to test, and we got through bugs that had been sitting around for weeks, and even months, without anyone even touching them. Eventually, interest in the QA section of the staff team dwindled, and the server owner decided to remove it. I was part of the final 3 bug testers who hadn't gotten demoted or had quit. The QA-Admin messaged me, saying that I was extremely driven when it came to bug testing, and he thought I'd be a great helper.

[ Hardworking ]
One of the most important qualities of a staff member is the ability to work hard. Nothing is worse than a staff member who either a) punishes people but is too lazy to gather proper evidence / log the punishment, or b) is kind of active on the server, but completely dead when it comes to staffing discord or answering their ban appeals (I've had instances where I had to remind new helpers 3-4 times in PMs that they had to reply to their appeals within 24 hours, after which, they still wouldn't bother checking the forums). Included in hardworking is my willingness to staff even when it might not be the most fun experience. This includes watching a mostly dead chat for hours on end on a server I don't even play on if that server needs to be staffed.

[ Good at taking Criticism ]
The ability to take criticism is an important skill when you're staff. Everyone has things they could change to improve themselves, and criticism is the only way you find out how to make yourself better. I personally like to think that I'm good at taking criticism and, more importantly, acting on it. When I started on MildHcf, the QA-Admin hated me. I was horribly annoying and asked way too many questions in a confusing way. At the first evaluation, he brought this up, and I changed my behavior in an effort to be less annoying. I also phrased my questions in a much more easily understandable way. He also thought I was being a bit unprofessional on the server, and he let me know in PMs. I've been told that my professionalism has vastly improved since then, at least when interacting with the community (it's a different story when I'm spamming memes at you and typing in all caps in PMs, but let's disregard that).

[ Professionalism / Humor Balance ]
I mentioned before that I am professional when I need to be (ie. interacting with the community on the server or on discord). This means that I act in a respectful, polite, and mature manner at all times, even if the person I'm talking to isn't doing the same. Of course, this doesn't mean I talk in a way that makes me sound uptight, which I think is a really important distinction for staff member to make when they're talking to community members about a problem.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Can any staff member vouch for you?:
Not that i am aware of.

Additional Information:
If i get accepted, i like to be friendly and like to know more about others, therefore i would like to say a little about myself in order for you to get to know me.
My Name is Oscar, i'm 16, my hobbies are gaming (playing games such as minecraft, LoL, Fortnite, COD), editing videos (whether it is for myself or for others, i find enjoyment in editing), Sports, (Football/Soccer I play a lot of, playing for my town's club) and also Mountain Biking (being from around my area it's really something most of my mates and I do a lot of, along with the rest of the town's kids around my age.) Another thing about me is that i love to interact with people, i find it interesting getting to know other people of different religion, race or sex, and I treat everyone equally with the upmost respect.

Last edited:

EloUp

Established member
[-1]
Lack of detail as to why you want staff.

Add more detail as to overall why you should be accepted.

Kuttans

[-1]
  • Lack of detail throughout application
  • Lack of effort put towards application
  • Doesn't seem qualified

King Regards,
- Philip / Kuttans

Status
Not open for further replies.