Denied SunlightGuy's staff application

SunlightGuy

IGN (In Game Name): SunlightGuy
Timezone: NA EST
Do you own a quality microphone?: Yes
Do you have Discord, Telegram & Teamspeak?: Yes, I do have all three of these programs displayed on my forum's profile.
Do you have any previous Staff Experience?:
Firstly, I would like to say that I have not been staff that much in the past, but I still have some experience.

1) StrifeMC
StrifeMC used to be this Minecraft GTA server that I came across and enjoyed playing. This was two months ago, and basically instead of playing the game like others, I preferred to answer questions in the chat and make new users feel at home in the server. The community was very small and after around a week of helping, the owner noticed me and made me a Helper for the server. After some time, I kept being useful to the owner and the players, so I was promoted to moderator. Unfortunately, the server shut down due to lack of funds, just before I was going to get promoted to an administrator. I also can't get an in-game screen shot of my staff position, since it shut down, but I have a pictures of the discord server.

Proof: https://prnt.sc/pqcbp1 and https://prnt.sc/pqcbya

2) Discord staff member
Secondly, I used to be a moderator for the official discord server for the YouTuber "Woke" (his channel can be found here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9oaELszjgBaNcUKUEf6B1g ). I did this for around three months, until he had a fight with his Co-Owner. I am not entirely sure what happened, but I'm pretty sure Woke himself deleted his discord server and stopped making Youtube videos because of IRL problems and the fact that he was mad at the Co-Owner. Other than that, the experience was great and I had a lot of fun with the staff team and the other members.

Proof (my old Discord IGN used to be Makindawg, I also have proof for this) : https://prnt.sc/pqcd2j , https://prnt.sc/pqcd86 and https://prnt.sc/pqcdfk

Why do you want to become Staff?: There are many reasons as to why I want to become a staff on SagePvP.

1) Firstly, I want to learn how to become a better person as a staff member. So around 8 months ago, I actively started playing PotPvP, however I did play normal pvp without potions before. When I first started, I was thrown into this toxic ranked community (I started playing ranked because I thought I was good). When I said "gg" or "gf", everyone said "L" when they won. As time went on, I slowly started getting used to this and saying this myself. Then, like a month later, I became that toxic guy. I realized that what I was doing was bad and stopped doing it some time after, and by being a staff on SagePvP, I hope I can erase these toxic acts from this server by muting very toxic players that are disrupting the server. What I mean by this is not necessarily mute players that say "L" or "so bad", but maybe more toxic acts such as insiding a faction, telling someone to kill themselves and just being extremely mean overall. Also, I want to continue being a dedicated and cheerful person by answering questions in chat and in Teamspeak/Discord, being nice to new players and by just being useful overall in the server.

2) Secondly, I want to become a staff because I was once a staff member for a Minecraft server, and I have to say, the experience is wonderful. I had the chance to meet so many wonderful people which I am still friends with today, I could help with developing the server by working on new quests and much more. Obviously, since I had so much fun doing it, I'd like to experience it once again. In addition, I have watched many "Staff series" on practice and HCF PotPvP servers, which seem very interesting. While watching these videos, I feel like I'd also be able to do the same job as they can and do it well.

3) Finally, I want to become a staff member because I just love socializing with others, it just makes me happy. I feel like becoming a staff member for SagePvP can make me meet new players and staff members and I believe that overall it would just be a fun activity for me to talk to everyone.

Why should we accept you as a Staff?: Firstly, I'd like to say that I don't really have that many special traits that can distinguish me a lot from the rest of the applicants. However, I'd like to talk about a few key elements that may give me a higher chance of being accepted, basically my qualities.

1) Dedicated: I know that this is probably a common answer to many staff application out there. However, it is absolutely true in my case. Whenever I have a task or a goal to achieve, in real life or in a video game, I make sure I do it well. Examples of these could be for example getting my school work done on time. Since I'm already used to doing this in school, I know I can transfer that ability to become a great staff member, for example if my personal goal is to ban 50 hackers and help out 20 players who need help in game, I know I'm the kind of guy it make sure to get it done.

2) Quick learner: I have always been someone who could listen carefully to others' instructions and understand easily. This trait can help me make a difference in the staff team, as if, during my training, an Administrator or any head staff member teaches me the way to screen share in this server (even though I have a pretty good idea on how to do it), it wouldn't take me a long time before I get used to it, memorize the steps and apply my knowledge well in any specific situation.

3) Perseverance: I know this isn't really related, but ever since I watched "Naruto", my favourite anime of all time, I have learned to never give up, no matter how hard things may seem, there is always a way to succeed. Even if things get challenging as a staff member, for example while dealing with situations such as if I feel like I'm not good enough and I want to resign, I wouldn't be the kind of person to just abandon the staff team and resign. Instead, I'd try to find a way to make things right, learn off of my mistakes and keep going.

4) Confidence: Finally, I feel like I am a pretty confident person when it comes to Minecraft knowledge in general. I have been playing this game ever since Pocket edition release in 2011 and I have been playing on PvP servers since 2014. With this large experience, I feel like I know how to distinguish a cheating player and a legitimate player. I probably know most of the cheats that can give someone an unfair advantage, and I feel like this skill set is necessary for being a staff.

Can any staff member vouch for you?: Unfortunately, no.

Additional Information: Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who has read this thread for taking the time to read in fully. This took me a while to think of and to type, and I would appreciate some criticism in the comments. For any actual information, I fluently speak both French and English very well, since I was actually born in a family where my mom mostly spoke French with me, plus i have learned the English language since the age of three. This could be useful for me if I do become a staff member, as if a player who was accused of cheating or needs help in teamspeak and only speaks French, I would be able to help them. Also, from what I have seen in the chat, staff members seem really nice on Sage. So if I do get accepted, I look forward to meeting everyone! Have a wonderful day.

SunlightGuy

For my opinion, i would have to give you a 0 becuase of your proof could be faked and add a bit more detail.

Thanks for your criticism!
Yea I know that my proof isn’t really that clear, but you can talk to the ex. Co-Owner from my old discord server in which I moderated in, I could send you by discord dms his credentials and maybe he could have more proof of me being staff there. For the Minecraft server, I only have a screenshot of me flying in the sky to show the map for a friend, but then again you could argue that I was fly hacking. Sorry if my proof wasn’t that evident, there is not much I can do about it...

ItsLyft

Known member
Add more detail
No proof of experience
Ps. Discord staffing isn’t really staffing at all

SunlightGuy

Add more detail
No proof of experience
Ps. Discord staffing isn’t really staffing at all

Thanks for commenting!

In my opinion, discord staffing requires to be active everyday and to handle rule-breakers, which I know doesn’t really involve Minecraft but it’s still experience. For detail, where do you think I should have added more? I feel like I separated my elements pretty well and was able to type in 300 more words than the minimum and explain pretty why I should be accepted, what do you think?

SunlightGuy

stated above

What do you mean by this?

I know that my proof isn’t really that evident and that I could be lying, but I’m really not and there is not much I can do but to get you old friends of mine who were present in the server/discord I moderated in, so you can check with them.

For the low detail, I feel like the forum users on here don’t have the same opinion as me as for the amount of detail. I have seen so many different staff applications just repetitively saying the same thing. “I can catch hackers! I am very trustworthy! I have a lot of experience” However I feel like those people don’t really show what is actually unique for a person. Sure, managers and the head-staff team may want helpers who can answer questions and whatnot, but in my mind, you have to have a certain element that can make you unique, that can distinguish you from others. For me, that is my past and how hard I am trying to become a better person and to help others.

Anyway, thanks for at least giving me your rating, but could you explain a little bit more your opinion?

Edit: I also wrote from like twice to three times the amount of words necessary for every question that needed a long answer. The minimum was 150 words, and I wrote 402 and 454. I really don’t think that writing 1000 words per question is necessary, which is what is considered “Great details” for some.

Last edited:

connecters

What do you mean by this?

I know that my proof isn’t really that evident and that I could be lying, but I’m really not and there is not much I can do but to get you old friends of mine who were present in the server/discord I moderated in, so you can check with them.

For the low detail, I feel like the forum users on here don’t have the same opinion as me as for the amount of detail. I have seen so many different staff applications just repetitively saying the same thing. “I can catch hackers! I am very trustworthy! I have a lot of experience” However I feel like those people don’t really show what is actually unique for a person. Sure, managers and the head-staff team may want helpers who can answer questions and whatnot, but in my mind, you have to have a certain element that can make you unique, that can distinguish you from others. For me, that is my past and how hard I am trying to become a better person and to help others.

Anyway, thanks for at least giving me your rating, but could you explain a little bit more your opinion?

Edit: I also wrote from like twice to three times the amount of words necessary for every question that needed a long answer. The minimum was 150 words, and I wrote 402 and 454. I really don’t think that writing 1000 words per question is necessary, which is what is considered “Great details” for some.
I mean you don't have any HCF experience and discord staff dosen't really count but good luck.

SunlightGuy

I mean you don't have any HCF experience and discord staff dosen't really count but good luck.

I have a lot of HCF experience actually, just not staffing. But anyway I’m a pretty quick learner, so if the managers who are training me tell me what I’m supposed to do, I’ll be able to do it.

ItsLyft

Known member
I have a lot of HCF experience actually, just not staffing. But anyway I’m a pretty quick learner, so if the managers who are training me tell me what I’m supposed to do, I’ll be able to do it.
Managers don’t train on here, only mods and up can, or a helper if all mods have someone to train.

Blackberie

Veteran Member
I'm rating you a -1 because I've never seen you online, lack of detail, and basically no staff experience.

Good luck!

S

Sansyy

Neutral
Decent detail
Please unbold your paragraphs
Make all links into a hyperlink (A clickable text link)

Good Luck!