Denied Smurfeh's Staff Application

Smurfeh

IGN: Smurfeh
Region: NA
Do you have any previous staff experience?:
DripHCF.net - Senior Mod https://gyazo.com/ae540d4693398a923ee23664f313ba30
Recently I have also been accepted for various prevalent Minecraft servers. But decided to put them aside to apply for Sage.
Battle.rip https://gyazo.com/c1eb7513d497f71ad8a347d4df28a552

CaribbeanMC https://gyazo.com/b27d5bb5cb3deba187479bbebc91efd3
Why would you like to become a staff member?: Sage is a sterling server with an active player base and has the potential to be a backbone for the current HCF community. Undeniably, I want to be a part of something I know will eventually turn out extraordinary, and I have a feeling that this server will prosper in the distant future. Becoming a staff member has been a long-term goal of mine for many years. I was held back by my age until I recently turned 15. I took this opportunity to apply because I finally meet the age requirement to become a staff member. Lastly, Sage is a server that I routinely play on, and it would be great for me to be able to benefit the community by staffing and helping players in need.
If accepted, how would you improve the players' experience?: If accepted, the community would acquire a staff member who is productive, genuine, kind, and stern when need be. My activity is one of the key assets and qualities that I will bring to the staff team. I can assure you that I will have a positive effect on the player base and will certainly make sure the players have a smooth experience and a delightful time when playing on our network.
If you were to rate your honesty on a scale of 1-10, what would it be and why? Without a doubt a 10, it's very paramount that a staff team is honest and unbiased when it comes to dealing with players. Dishonest staff members can harm the player base and will eventually give the server a bad reputation. Honesty is a key quality of a staff member, and players trust staff to make the right decision even if it doesn't turn out in their favor.
Can you meet the weekly requirement of a minimum of 16 hours of playtime per map?: Assuredly, 16 hours of playtime would be an easy task considering I already spend at least 4 hours on the network daily.
Qualities
Fluency: When it comes to being articulate, I pride myself on being able to look professional and get my point across at the same time. It's very important to not make obvious grammatical mistakes when talking to players. It reflects the professionalism of the staff team and directly impacts the image that the player will have after the confrontation. Being grammatically fluent is a part of professionalism and is a great quality for a staff member to possess.

Activity: I've already addressed this quality in previous writing, but I think I should go more in-depth. Generally, activity is a deciding factor in a staff member's success. The rule of thumb is that if you aren't putting in the hours, you are likely to be demoted. I've always been able to generate satisfactory results when it comes to my activity, and I'm positive that won't change after I get accepted.

Positivity: Recently, I realized that it's always better to have a positive environment around you. Good energy is contagious; being a source of that energy just makes doing professional work a lot easier. On the other hand, toxic environments usually affect morale and most of the time, demotivate people. Having a good work environment is what helps a staff team prosper and is most certainly something I encourage.

Maturity: Maturity is most definitely the prime quality of a staff member. Sometimes you have to ignore toxic people. Giving in to toxic energy is what starts something negative. That bad energy gets more and more attracted when you give in to it. For instance, if a player is criticizing or chastizing you and wants to complain, most of the time it's best to either ignore them or direct them to a higher staff member. Giving into their negative energy is what lets them know that they can get a rise out of you and, ultimately, can make a situation much much worse. In my opinion, it's very immature to match their energy and give into said players' antics.

Bias: Being unbiased and fair as I've previously written, is a key quality of a model staff member. You should often analyze situations from both perspectives to get a good idea of what decision to make. Being on the defensive or offensive messes with your bias and usually affects your decision-making. Neutrality is key, and you should explain your thinking to the player before you initiate a resolution, so they know they're getting an unbiased and logical response and they are happy with the outcome, even if it doesn't come out in their favor.

Productivity: I see myself as a productive person. I like to get things done and finish tasks at a fast pace without sacrificing quality. It's always good for a staff member to be productive because it helps the server flourish in the long run.
Goals: My goals for staffing are simple. I want to make a noticeable impact and be known as someone who is a productive member. Productivity is key, and if everyone plays their part, we can make Sage a pristine server. I pray for the success of Sage, and I hope the server thrives in the future and that I'm known for impacting the server in a positive way.
Past: I can't say I've acquired a clean past. Everyone has their faults, and sometimes your emotions take over. There are several things from my past I would like to address. Until recently, I would have considered myself a very toxic individual. When someone would criticize me, I wouldn't accept it. Usually, I would end up starting an argument and saying very nasty terms. I've now realized that toxicity won't get you anywhere. I'm a believer in change, and change is what I did. I've grasped a complete understanding of my actions, and just because I felt inclined to say something or do something doesn't mean it was the right decision. I hope anyone who knows about my history or past can forgive me and let me move on.
Faults: I'm not a fan of highlighting my qualities and then proceeding to not show my negative side. I'm an honest person, and if I don't like someone's energy, I'll most likely separate myself from that specific person. I'm not a fan of acting or faking like I like someone to receive something. I'll genuinely tell someone how I view them and what I think about them. You could view this as a quality, but in my opinion, it's a fault. I fail to give people I dislike more chances to prove themselves as someone who's worthy to be called my acquaintance or friend. Obviously, it's something I need to work on and it's something that I'm progressing fast in. Of late, I've been thinking about my past and the people I've disrespected. I try to apologize to them because I'm starting to see things from both sides and realize that potentially I was the cause of the problem. Generally, I seek forgiveness and am trying to be a more genuine, non-toxic person. I appreciate those who accept my apologies but can't blame those who don't.
Thanks: I would like to give my thanks to anyone who supported me or vouched for me in this application. It's because of you that I have a chance to progress and move further. I appreciate every single soul who replied to this application, even if the comment was negative.
Other: Genuinely, I love the community. If I get accepted, I'll strive to maintain a suitable image and be known as a fair staff member from the players' perspective.
What is your Telegram @?:
@Smurfeh
What is your Discord @?:
Smurfeh#9999

Last edited:

Smurfeh

Thanks.

bb65d819-1690-4287-a2f3-eeb8ea0350e8-profile_banner-480.png

Last edited: