Status
Not open for further replies.

rxmix

IGN (In-Game Name):
rxmix

Timezone:
CST

Do you have any previous staff experience? (If so, list them below):
I was actually co-owner/creator of my own server PvP Kingdoms, and we operated for about 2 years with a maximum of 250+ concurrent players. We shut it down, frankly, it was too expensive and we didn’t set up an avenue for profit (really, really stupid idea). My main task was assisting players in teamspeak which is a little unorthodox for an owner, but I really gained skills in talking with people, learning their side of a story, and weighing it against an opposing side. Some will say “being an owner is different than staff” and in many cases, yes it is. However, when I was owner I basically acted as a Senior-Admin and formed bonds with my staff team, not as their boss, but just a fellow staff like them. Owning a server, contrary to what many may believe, is stressful, and I needed a break from the owning aspect and dedicated my time to really being a staff member, assisting in TS, holding QnAs with my players, and doing even the smallest of things like muting and temp banning players.

I am currently part of the HCRival staff team as a translator and have been so for almost a month now. HCRival has nearly 300 players on SOTW and is quite a large HCF server. Being a translator has become quite a busy job for me, as it is spanish, and a lot of MC players happen to speak it, so I am very active in team speak assisting players. Although I’m sure some people will say “well that’s not even a staff position”, and I would disagree with that. I think you are part of a team that makes the server more enjoyable for non-English speakers and overall, promotes more inclusivity in the server, which in turn just makes it more enjoyable. Currently, we have around 20 people on our translator team. I have linked proof below.

Why would you like to become a staff member?:
The reason I would like to become a staff member for Sage is because I can recognize all the fun and loyal players it currently patrons and it has so much that could be added to make it even better. I have some great ideas that could help the server a great deal. My ideas may not be very big, but they can still make the game more fun by changing the way the game is played, all in the name of making the server more enjoyable. Also, I should mention that I have seen a lot of people using hacked clients and injectables, and it just pisses me off.

I would like to keep the server fair, people that abuse the system are a plague to the whole community, not just the server, but HCF in general. Using hacked clients ruins the game for not only for whoever is using it, but for everyone who they play with or against as well. As a staff member I plan to do things for the players; to enhance their excitement of playing and keep it fair for all. I plan to be of help to any players in need of it. I've seen a fair share of rule-breakers on Sage and I want to stop those spammers, hackers, cheaters, griefers, etc.

I feel like I have the right skills set and experience to work for Sage. I won't make you read a really lengthy section of random skills I have. But, I also feel like being staff is not just about being staff (if that makes any sense at all). It's about adding on to your knowledge of being a staff member, the more you do something the better you get at it. So in my view this is a great opportunity to improve on my skills that I have already cultivated over years of playing this game.

If accepted, how would you improve the players' experience?:
I can help with all sorts of things. As helping the new players out and getting started, I love answering questions players may have. Helping people has always been one of my favorite activities, as it makes me feel like I actually did something; that I gave someone an answer to a question they had, and that it feels right. I personally love getting involved with the community and the server, as I love meeting other new people. It’s just always been a natural trait of mine, helping people. Not only in Minecraft, but through my personal life everyday. It’s the kind of person I am, and I am always willing to help people. No matter how busy I am in real life or on Minecraft, I always make sure to help people who have questions. To deviate a bit, as well as helping people, I will take in the community’s ideas to help improve the server or forward any concerns to higher staff. For example, if a plugin is broken or a bug exploit has been brought up to me, I will forward it up to higher ranks than me.

If you want some more information about what I can specifically bring, here is a more in-depth list:

Cooperation:
Cooperation, I put it first because you need to be able to work with other players, including staff members. You have to look at other peoples point of view, and as I said, weigh the two and then handle justice to whoever may need it. (Example: dealing with a cheater who just made someone raidable). You also have to be able to cooperate with people in TeamSpeak to prevent toxicity, if thats even a word.

Being Respectful:
As a staff you have to respect everyone on the server. If you are not a respectful staff, why the hell are you even a staff member? Staff members are supposed to make the server a better place, from banning hackers to muting rule breakers. Staff members are supposed to be a friendly face on the server that players can look to for help.

Being Social in chat and TS:
I think of this as being active in chat, such as answering peoples questions, or dealing with Rules of the Chat, example, spammers. The chat is a great place to talk with everyone, but there is also risk of it becoming toxic. Likewise, I think TS is an incredible tool for staff members to use and I have become increasingly familiar with it as I continue to use it as a translator. TS is a great place for staff to resolve issues with their players, and it’s a large facet of the server, therefore, it’s quite essential for staff to be active in it.

Being a good leader:
I am a very loyal, dependable, and ambitious person, and if I want something done, you bet your a** I will do it. My attitude toward anything I do is to never give up (kinda cringe), but once I start something, I get it done no matter what. If it takes all day or all week etc., then so be it. I will finish whatever I start. My friends and family also consider me a leader. In school, when projects are assigned, I always take the role of the leader and get most of the work done. I give each group member a job to do and make sure that every person is helping with the project, not just one person doing all the work. I make sure all parts are equal in work and it is done right. I think this is almost like staffing, you have to be confident, and lead your fellow staff to accomplish tasks to increase the servers enjoyability. (Kinda making a trend about enjoyability, but you just gotta stress how important it is, especially when there are so many competing HCF servers today, the one that is the most fun is simply going to win.)

Can any current staff members vouch for you?:
I don’t believe so.

Additional Information?:
Thnx for reading y’all!

PROOF:

Attachments

• 68D38D32-7C39-44E8-946E-A1AE98FAF9B0.jpeg
    68D38D32-7C39-44E8-946E-A1AE98FAF9B0.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

rxmix

Add proof of ur experience as staff member?
Use the correct form and add colors.

It actually is the correct form and you don’t have to use colors, but I will if you insist. It also states my experience. Don’t just devouch me, especially if you’re a new member... lmao. Seems like you only have been putting -1 on peoples applications and have been saying the same exact thing. Weird.

Last edited:

Horizon

It actually is the correct form and you don’t have to use colors, but I will if you insist. It also states my experience. Don’t just devouch me, especially if you’re a new member... lmao. Seems like you only have been putting -1 on peoples applications and have been saying the same exact thing. Weird.
The color honestly makes it look worse and makes it harder to read. Swap it back to what you had or just have all black text.

- Lack of experience and proof
- Some answers seem irrelevant, but the detail isn’t exactly a poor thing

rxmix

The color honestly makes it look worse and makes it harder to read. Swap it back to what you had or just have all black text.

- Lack of experience and proof
- Some answers seem irrelevant, but the detail isn’t exactly a poor thing

I’m sorry you feel that way, however, co-owning a server is quite an experience to have. It was a long time ago but I will try to dig up some proof. The color is subjective, so I will keep it how it is for now.

Horizon

I’m sorry you feel that way, however, co-owning a server is quite an experience to have. It was a long time ago but I will try to dig up some proof. The color is subjective, so I will keep it how it is for now.
The lack of evidence really isn’t the important thing. Honestly, I think you would have an pretty epic application if you read over it and organized it a bit better and swapped out some information for some other more important information.

Et43

-1 could have written it better and used better colours that make it easier to read.
+0.5 the experience you say you have should be good but the lack of proof.

rxmix

The lack of evidence really isn’t the important thing. Honestly, I think you would have an pretty epic application if you read over it and organized it a bit better and swapped out some information for some other more important information.

I value that feedback, Horizon, I will take that into consideration and try to tune up my application. Thanks!

UrAmazing

Lack of detail.

Oh no here it is again. The demotion message saying that you got
denied for lacking detail. That's not something you want to happen.
Detail is a very important part of an application, it shows who you
are, what you did, why this, and why that. Without enough detail,
they will hardly know who you are and what you did. That's why
you need to put enough detail otherwise you will get denied.

Make it easier to read.

Me reading the application: AHHH MY EYES ARE BURNING... SO HARD
TO READ. Okay so please make it easier to read this will help the staff
members a lot with reviewing your staff application, as I cannot
See what you are saying because the colors are so bad.

Lack of experience.

Okay, yes you have owned a server but you don't really have enough experience,
You will need to gain more experience as a staff member and not as an owner.
Both of them do different things. You will need to know more about the commands
and know more about how players behave.

DM me on discord if you want tips.
UrAmazing#6120

wpo

Veteran Member
and you also joined the forums today so that makes it seem like you’re not dedicated but applying just because of eg headed

rxmix

I just don’t really use forums now that discord has become more popular. Don’t just jump to conclusions as well, that’s not a fair assumption at all. Wow.

wpo

Veteran Member
I just don’t really use forums now that discord has become more popular. Don’t just jump to conclusions as well, that’s not a fair assumption at all. Wow.
didnt jump to any conclusions lol

rxmix

Thanks for the feedback, I changed up the colors, hope that’s better. I guess I should also mention I am part of the HCRival staff team as a translator and work with the Senior Admins. I will add that.

rxmix

You’re kinda crapping up my application comment section. I think you should just put your -1 and move onto the next. It’s making the thread look messy.

wpo

Veteran Member
You’re kinda crapping up my application comment section. I think you should just put your -1 and move onto the next. It’s making the thread look messy.
fair enough, but you asked for a reasoning so I gave you it and you continued replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.