Denied HalloMaik Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalloMaik

IGN :
My in game name is HalloMaik.
https://namemc.com/profile/HalloMaik.1

I am currently 16 years old and my birthday is on August 21st.

Timezone :
Central European Time (CET)

I live in Belgium which means I can speak fluent Dutch. I can also speak fluent English and a little bit of German / French.

Do you own a quality microphone?
Yes, I do. At the moment I use a trust microphone but I'm planning on buying a new and better one in the future.

Do you have Discord, Telegram, and Teamspeak?
I have all three of these devices on my computer and phone, except for Teamspeak, I only have Teamspeak on my computer.
My discord tag is: HalloMaik #8977
My Telegram is: @HalloMaik

Do you have any previous HCF experiences?
I have been staff on 2 different HCF servers and 1 non-HCF server.

play.dusdavidgames.nl
(Daily player base of 500 players)
About 1,5 years ago
This is a Dutch server with quite a lot of different game modes on it. For example HCF, Skyblock, Creative etc... I'm pretty sure HCF is not a thing anymore on that server but I can guarantee to you that it was. (If you really want to you can look it up). After 2 months of putting in a lot of effort into the server, I finally got promoted to Moderator. Even though the community did not quite like me as a person because I was very strict at doing my job as good as possible. A couple weeks later I decided to resign because the staff team had turned their back against me. I guess they didn't really want me to get promoted. I know this has been quite a long time ago but I don't think that should affect it.

hcfactions.club
(Daily player base of 50-60 players)
Half a year ago

This was a server made by a friend of mine, I didn't have to apply or anything but I got the rank straight away. This is the 2nd HCF server I talked about before. He helped me grow in the staffing department. Because of him, I do know a lot of commands and I know this will also be in the staff guide but I just wanted to address it. (I don't have contact with the owner anymore.) I also resigned because he was acting quite childish towards me and other staff members and it was not enjoyable to be a staff on there.

powercraft.me
(Daily player base of 100-200 players)
About 2 years ago
This was the first server I actually applied on. I mainly played OP Factions on that server but it could always variate. It also had game modes like SoupPvP, Prison, Grand Theft Auto and much more. I sadly got demoted because the server shut down due to financial problems, the owner never gave a lot of information away about the shutdown but that's the only reason he gave me. I did enjoy staffing on this server and if it never shut down I think I would've been staff on there for at least another year. The factions community back then was honestly the best community I've ever been in. The server came back up after a year but sadly I wasn't able to get back the rank I had. It shut down again half a year after it came back.

Why do you want to become staff?
Personally, I enjoy playing the server and Minecraft in general. Other than that I do like the community, even though it is a bit toxic. I have been playing SagePvP for around 2 months and at first, I played for like 6 hours per week but right now, I've been playing for 1 day and 13 hours already. With that, I want to say I'm pretty active, school does matter. On weekdays, I can be on around 5 hours per day and on weekends, I will be able to play around 10 hours per day. I used to play for the ftop and EOTW prizes but now I play because I genuinely enjoy playing Sage. I am also willing to put a lot of my time into staffing on the Sage Network. I am at the moment Artemis rank and I have bought the 2019 gkit aswell. I also think that the staff at the moment is quite inactive, especially on weekends like today (02/03/2019). Earlier today I had to wait an hour and a half to get refunded because I died because of a glitch. In my opinion, that's way too long and I want to change that. I also want to prove to everyone that I will be a good staff member, and not be biased towards friends or people I like. I'm also friendly with other staff members, people that have ss'ed me before and never found anything always say: 'I knew you wouldn't have any hacked clients but I just wanted to know it for sure.' Like I've said in the 'past experiences' topic I do know quite a lot of commands. I do know all the basic commands that most HCF server use. I applied on Faithful before and got set to pending, I sadly got denied after that but waited around a month to apply on another server. Please do not call me out for server hopping because I've waited quite some time.

Last edited:

HalloMaik

Why should we accept you as staff?
I think you should accept me as a staff member because I know almost every rule about Sage since I've been playing HCF (in general) for a long time. I also think Sage is a very good HCF server and will grow a lot in the next couple months. Even though my native language is Dutch, I can speak fluent English and a bit of French / Dutch. I'm planning on applying on Dutch Translator soon but I'm pretty sure Sage has enough Dutch translators at the moment. I also believe that I'm a mature person and take things seriously when it needs to be taken seriously. I do not tolerate any way of racism, cyberbullying or threatening. That's also why I always report people when they threaten/bully someone. I can do my "job" correctly and with not much contradiction. I'm also open to learning new things such as screen sharing, more difficult commands and just expand my knowledge. Obviously, I want to help the other staff members by banning/muting hackers or people who are being extremely toxic. Like said before I do not know how to screen share but I do really want to learn it. I know this will be beneficial in the future. I want to make the community grow even more and especially Sage's community. I would like to be accepted because I feel I can have a positive effect on the player base by making the Sage Network player base excel in more players and getting the true attention it deserves.

Some of my skills:
Biased:
I'm not a biased person myself, even though I do have quite some friends on the server, I would never give them an advantage in any way. I would never move them quicker when they are waiting for support but I will just help the person who had been waiting for the longest. If one of my friends wants to be unbanned, I will tell them to appeal like I would tell every player to do. Of course, if anyone gets banned for a stupid reason, I will ask the staff member who punished them for the reason behind it and let him/her deal with it.

Respect: Being respectful towards a player is highly recommended on many servers. Even if a player is being extremely toxic towards me, I still have to handle the situation with respect.

Patience: Being patient for a player to reply or anything is very important. It will make the community respect you and that's obviously what you want. I am also a very patient person myself.

Responsibility: Being responsible for the actions I take or things I say is important to me. I need to be responsible for being given this "job" and do as I have been told. I am most of the time responsible for what I say or what I do. (Not if I am joking around with friends.)

Experience: In my opinion, I have a decent amount of experience with staffing on other servers that had a decent amount of players. Moving onto Sage will only expand my knowledge even more. I have only been staff on 2 HCF servers. One wasn't that popular and one was pretty popular.

Active: I think being active is very important when you want to become staff on a server like Sage. I am on at least 45 hours per week and it could be more.

Forums, Teamspeak, Discord, In-game: I always want to stay up-2-date with the newest features on Sage, I also want to help as many people as possible. That's why I think being active is very important throughout your career as a staff member.

Fairness: I'm fair with everyone. I accept everyone as equal and I never judge people. If two people need help but one has a higher rank than the other, I'll help the guy who has been waiting for the longest.

Humour: Humour is a great thing a person can have, I feel this is also linked with maturity because I know when to make a funny comment and when not to, I know for a fact I have developed this aspect over time and now know when it's the good time to either say anything or not say anything.

Recording: I can record evidence so I don't get called out as an abusive or a biased staff member. I use OBS to record my actions.

Communication: My communication skills are good as I am very calm and respectful towards players in Teamspeak or in game. I do own a microphone, therefore, I can communicate with players even better.

Some scenarios:
Scenario 1:
If someone gets a lot of reports on them, I will ask someone who is Screen Share verified to freeze and screen share the eventual hacker. I won't freeze the person myself since I do not know how to screen share. If he cheats in an obvious way, I will record the person and ban him.

Scenario 2: If someone leaks ip's in the public chat, I will clear the chat and I will IP-ban the player who leaked the IP's. Of course, the player would be able to buy an unban or appeal on the forums.

Scenario 3: If someone rages and is toxic towards me and other staff members in Teamspeak, I will ask them to calm down and if they don't calm down I will kick them from the channel till they calm down. Of course, I will help them whenever they calm down.

Additional information:
I do not play any sports so I can put a lot of time and effort into the server. Mostly EU times because my PC turns off overnight and will turn back on around 12:00 AM CET

Last edited:

Aceq

Known member
+1

- Good amount of detail
- Experienced
- Good amount of effort
- Active

Good luck!

Last edited:

3cU

+1

- Good amount of experience
- Good amount of detail
- Active
- Good amount of effort

Best of luck,

3cU

Decommission

Known member
+1. Reasons stated above. LOTS of detail.
Good Luck!
- Decommissioning

Applied for staff 2/2/19
Accepted Translator 2/3/19

Status
Not open for further replies.