Denied Fink's staff application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fink

IGN (In Game Name):
FLNK (https://namemc.com/profile/Flnk.2)

Timezone:
PST

Do you have Telegram and Teamspeak?:
Yes i do

Do you have any previous Staff Experience?:

In Fact I do:

SagePvp (Helper) (Demoted)
SagePvp was most definitely the most welcoming server I have ever been staff on. When I was accepted everyone was so nice and considerate towards me. It really opened my eyes compared to the other servers that I was staff on. Sage really gave me insight on how to be staff and what is expected of a staff member. I really wish to become a part of the SagePvp network again.
(Proof:
)

RoseHCF (Admin) (Resigned)
RoseHCF was very different but in a good way, It was based on more of a hard core system, there were very few ranks with barely any perks it mostly consisted of self sufficient grinding. This was my second staff experience and it also taught me that stuff doesn't always go the way you want it to go, I learnt a lot of patience on RoseHCF, The player base was more new to the HCF gamemode and most of the staff had to teach the players how to play. This was very frustrating at times but It built my patience level up by a lot.
(Proof: https://gyazo.com/abfc3d1af268791d3c3be461140fec99)

HygonPvp (Senior Moderator) (Resigned)
When I applied on Hygon they were in the middle of releasing their server, It had a release date set with a moderate player base. On Hygon I was promoted to Head of SS I had a decent amount of knowledge about SS’ing before I was staff on Hygon but it peaked my interest to learn lots more when I had given the . I was a part of the Hygon staff team for almost 4 and a half months before resigning.
(Proof: https://gyazo.com/734723045a88215fad90450977857808 )

MineSaga (Moderator) (Resigned)
MineSaga was the first server I was staff on, I was given a great opportunity with my little to no staff experience but everyone has to start somewhere. I learnt that it takes lots of responsibility to be a staff member, all the tasks and jobs I was assigned such as watching for racist players in the chat, spectating the reported players of cheats or even just reports through the discord and forums. I did resign due to a summer program I had to take.
(Proof: N/A)

Why would you like to become a staff member?

During my 3 year span of playing hcf I realized HCF is getting really boring lately with all the closet cheaters and toxicity. All of it has driven me away from the game but now I wish to give back to the community and earn more experience becoming a staff member on the SagePvp network.

I also don’t get that same feeling on HCF anymore, the rush of adrenaline rushing through you when you had finally trapped someone or cap your very first koth or whatever it might’ve been that made you play the game for 6 hours a day. I’m sure everyone has experienced it. Now that cheaters are ubiquitous I feel like it's the end of the road for me even though i’ve experienced so much and met so many people, I wish that someone else could experience this passion for the game. Cheaters on the other hand send the game to rock bottom and people start to lose hope. My goal is to give back to the community and help younger people who are just starting the game have all these great memories without cheaters ruining it.

During my time on SagePvp I have been treated so kindly by the staff members such as them helping me with a bug/glitch or just a simple problem that I might’ve had. I don’t think I have ever been mistreated by the staff team at any point in time and I really do thank the staff team for everything they do, from experience I understand it takes a lot of patience and energy to be staff on the SagePvp network.

I am a great team player, I work really well with others. I think everyone should be shown the same amount of respect despite the person's title. I think the staff team should always be willing to communicate to each other about any server related subject. Communication is a big part of a staff team.

If accepted, how would you improve the players' experience?:

My active playtime!

Weekdays
Monday 3-5 hours
Tuesday 4-5 hours
Wednesday 4-5 hours
Thursday 3-5 hours
Friday 6-8 hours

Weekends
Saturday 4 - 5 - 8 hours
Sunday 3 - 4 hours

My experience
I have lots of experience when it comes to being staff on HCF, I'm very familiar with the Sage Teamspeak and Discord, when a player is in need I tend to aid them as soon as I get the chance to, I understand waiting in a “Support channel” isn’t always ideal to the players, this is why it is important to have experience towards any situation that might be thrown at you in a matter of seconds.

I am very friendly
Being friendly should be a main priority for all staff members, I believe we should thank the players for taking the time to connect to the Teamspeak and always welcome them with a friendly attitude. I do believe all staff can have some rough days but I would never let any outside emotions affect anything I do on the server as staff.

I have great communication skills
I’m able to communicate with players quite efficiently, I have a working microphone and I always am calm in stressful situations, I understand that players won’t always be calm in certain situations and that's why it is key for the Staff team to have great communication skills.

I am very honest
I despise dishonest people, I am a very honest person and I believe that if you make a mistake you should always confess to it and learn from it, and make sure the same mistake doesn't happen twice. No one is perfect but I always admit when I am in the wrong and I think that honesty is a great algorithm to follow.

I am very helpful
I’m always willing to take any challenge that's brought upon me such as helping with online reports or discord reports, I am always open minded and open to help with anything in my power. Players should always get help from the staff members despite the problem / issue.

Active in the discord
I am very active in the SagePvp discord. I am always reading the SOTW information and other server updates. I also am very active in the suggestion's chat in the discord, I have lot's of great ideas that I share quiet often through there. The discord also represents the server and I make sure I am always mature and understanding when it comes to talking with anyone who might be talking in any of the channels.

Active on the forums
I feel like the Forums are a big part of the server, I'm always checking out the new threads that are posted and leaving positive feedback. I think this is a very important part of being staff because not everyone can talk through discord or team speak and the forums could be their only way of communication. This helps improve the players experience because it allows quick assistance for the players, it isn't always ideal to have to wait more than an hour for a small issue.

In no way am I bias
I like to look at everything from each person's point of view, I try my best to always treat everyone equally and to never be biased in any way possible.
I am also a very fair person, I think everyone should be shown the same amount of respect despite their past history / age.

My adherence to the server
I started playing Sage In late 2018 to early 2019, I still enjoy playing on the server to this day, I have had so many great memories over the past year and a half. I really want to give back to the community and help out as much as I can. I believe applying for a staff position is the best way to do this. I have spent a very long time working on this application and I hope to get accepted onto the SagePvp staff team.

If you were to rate your honesty on a scale of 1-10, what would it be and why?

I don’t think anyone could be 100% honest every single second of their lives, but I would rate myself a 8/10 because I am a very honest person and I believe no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes and I understand that being honest builds a great amount of respect. I really want to earn respect and I hope to prove it if I am accepted onto the SagePvp staff team.

Can any current staff members vouch for you?:
No.

Additional Information:
I love to play soccer competitively, I am most likely right wing or forward position. I am also enrolled in a soccer team program at my High School, and have been playing soccer ever since I was 6 years old.​

Last edited:

Fink

Please leave any feedback that could benefit my application.
-Thank you for your time.

SebastianTSC

I think you still need a lot of exp. in HCF. You are talking about RoseHCF, I just checked it out, it started like 20 days ago, with currently 0 players online. I don't think you can really see that as EXP. So like the staff manager said before, good apply, but still not enough EXP. in HCF.

C

calvin

Thank you for taking the time to submit an application, but unfortunately it’s been denied.

- Previous demotion reason

You may re-apply in 2 weeks time. Please take this time to revise your application if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.