All the problems with Sage

austcattledog

AustCattleDog
So I'm just gonna say this right off the bat, this is just my opinion on everything I'm about to bring up and you don't need to agree with me, although if you do, or have something else to say on the matter, tell me in the comments. This can be taken however you want and for the higher up staff reading this, you could even use this as "recommendations" if you want although that's not really the intent of this post. I'm blacklisted now for some bullshit but I'm not gonna get into that at all or else this post is just gonna get deleted. Anyways I'll just get this shit started.

1) A pretty common one, but the staff team is FUCKED. Like unbelievably fucked. After calvin left the scene sage had to pull some random management out of their ass because (dont get me wrong ily arctic) but arctic just isn't active enough to manage the whole staff team by himself and deal with every little problem.

Here we have the amazing august 2020 staff list and I'm just gonna go through and say what's fucked up

Owner
Jacob[EU]
Maxhockey3[US] - literally leeching off the server for his % doesn't really contribute that much anymore
Headed [US]

Manager
Arcticcc[US] - could be a lil more active xd
str2 [US] - comes in an out of the server (3rd time coming back?) good guy just not the most consistent at staying for a long time

Platform Admin
ChronicSeizures [US] - ... LOL
scottay [US]

Senior Admin
Trixv [AU] - plays too much roxbot

Admin
Retrousse [US] - biased af (depending on whether he likes you or not). Although while I say that, he is pretty active.. maybe a little too active
Adranii [US] - doesn't do jack shit
Gankah [US] - also doesn't do shit

Now before any questions me here in the admin section, I'd just like to ask if anyone has ever been moved into a support room by adranii or gankah. With that being said, there's only 1 admin that does something whether it's right or not and that alone is a problem for such a large network. There definitely needs to be at least another admin promotion or maybe even a replacement.

Senior Mod
crislol [US]
WolfSpeedMC [EU]

Mod+
IBeThieving [EU] - I don't even know why this guy is still on the staff list he hasn't done anything server related in over 4 MONTHS. For anyone that might not know, this guy is literally just on the staff list so it looks like there's more people than there are and for his shitty ss tool.
Tayshawn [US] - can't ss for his life
memebok [EU]

Mod
Patsy [AU]
MattTheOnlyOG [US]
souvenirs [US] - sometimes just randomly goes inactive (like the last time he was staff :D)
LookAtSense [EU]
MCHG [US]
OHIT [EU]
LittleRoss [EU]
Vuru [US]

Helper
Bannan [US]
AirResistance [AS]
2x12 [EU] - literally a staff member WITHOUT A MICROPHONE
Citadel [US]
Neexay [EU]
StarrBurrst [US]

I obviously have positive things to say about some of the staff members but this just isn't the post for it. If you don't have shit next to your name, then good job because you're probably actually doing a good job. Either that or I just have no idea who you are (directly mostly to the lower staff members).

2) Media requirements make no sense. Update it to something more logical than having youtuber rank at a "400 sub requirement" when you guys accepted them at like 100-200 depending on views. I've literally seen people not even bother to apply for a media rank just because they had no idea they had any chance of getting accepted. I'll say this once more, for emphasis: there's no point in having a requirement if you're not going to require it

3) Add an actual blacklist plugin already I'm tired of being banned for "chargeback" on a server I never spent any money on to begin with. Not only would it be practical but it would be more professional too.

4) End issues. I've noticed a common trend with some type of cancer in the end whenever I played. I noticed mainly 2 things. One being that there are just too many endermen and there really shouldn't be many around entrance to begin with (but there are). And two, the enderman pearl glitch thing. I don't really know how to word it but anyone that's experienced or seen it knows what I'm saying. In end if you pearl and from what I've heard "hit an enderman" you'll randomly teleport to some other place. This by itself could cause a couple issues. I've seen people get teleported under koth (which can be good or bad because you can't f home in an event zone but if you're barding here you're LITERALLY untouchable so gg) and I've seen other people fall into the void and die because they're on pearl cd. I don't really know where this bug came from because it hasn't always been a thing but it kinda just came out of nowhere a couple maps ago (and by a couple I mean like 3 months ago because I'm banned but yk)

5) This is following up on another post I made but make it so there's a more regulated time to have server resets. I get hcf is weekly and all, but I'm mainly talking about the other modes. Kitmap has sometimes taken a couple weeks to reset, and other times like 4 months. There has to be some sort of middle ground to make the resets a little more consistent.

6) This one is kind of common sense, but clearly the server hasn't latched onto the idea. Don't change a rule unless you think it's going to last. I say this because if anyone has ever read the rules or had access to the staff guide, you'd know that the allying rule gets changed literally weekly. Sometimes kitsniping is allowed, other times it's bannable. Sometimes selective targetting is allowed and other times it's not. The rule's been bent over and backwards to the point that literally anyone can get banned for it even though when they lasted checked up, what they were doing wasn't against the rules and that's just a huge problem. So yea just don't change the rule unless you think it's going to stay, don't change it just to have a temporary change.

7) Add more gamemodes bro I know jacob is competent enough to add other servers to his network and I know he has the funds for it too. If he adds something unique and that the players like (doesn't have to- actually scratch that shouldn't have to be anything that any other generic hcf server already has) Honestly, I don't even know why practice was added back on sage. I'm not complaining about it, but it released way back in the day and ziblacking streamed on it and everything and after a couple days it was still dead. The project itself had no chance of growing the server because it wasn't that anticipated or unique of a gamemode if you get what I'm saying. I feel like if something creative was added to sage, it would have potential from all sorts of playerbases depending on what it was.

8) Said this one on my last list of bullshit, but surprising this out of all things wasn't listened to. Do more events on kitmap. Nothings been done since the first couple days Headed came over from velt (which was literally 2 months ago) and when botings was here, he did it on a literal weekly basis. Not saying that it has to be that much, but it's just a comparison to then and now. The server (especially kitmap) can get kinda stale without them.

9) Make the events shorter. I feel like the recent updates have made it so they take hours on end and nobody wants to play a sagepvp citadel for 6-7 hours. They were decently long before so I never saw the reason to change it. Change deaths on citadel back up to -1 dtr instead of the .75 and for conquest lower the points needed down to 200 or 250 from what it is now. If you want to take it another step up and make it a little more “hardcore” then you could make it so if someone dies on an event zone it has a longer than usual dtr freeze so they can’t just come back in half an hour once they’re fully regened. I say this because it’s just annoying to deal with the same faction coming back multiple times after they’ve already lost multiple fights against you.

Now before I go onto the next couple I want to say that the biggest problems I've seen is a staff to player connection. Players have no idea what staff are doing and why. Well I can answer that by saying the rules they have to listen to now are BULLSHIT. After being staff twice now under 2 different managers I'm safe to say that the rules these new helpers have to listen to are ridiculous. It's literally like signing up to work at Auschwitz but you didn't know it was Auschwitz until you've seen the gas chambers. That's a really bad analogy but you get the idea. Reason I'm saying this is because these next couple suggestions are directed towards staff related stuff so players can have a better experience.

10) Get more flash admins. There's literally like 1 person who deals with flash appeals, 2 if you're going in headed's video LOL. There just aren't that many people with the rank for how many people get false banned by the anticheat. Not saying the anticheat is bad, but it has it's positives and negatives and a lot of people do end up getting false banned. Old sage had ~4 flash admins and I'd say that was probably a much better number to deal with the community.

11) Allow proof via discord - it doesn't make a difference if anyone uploads to youtube or shows the raw recording on discord, they'd be showing you the same thing. With that being said, showing a raw recording would probably actually be better because it would be unedited where as if you posted it on youtube it's so easy to edit and make the clip look like something its not. Not advising against youtube, just a thought. Some people have bad internet and it can take them multiple hours to upload some things which just isn't fair and yea the fact that discord proof isn't accepted is just kinda stupid. For staffing purposes, you could even record the raw recording and upload it yourself, it's your punishment after all.

12) Not sure if this one was actually fixed but the refund command didn't work for the longest time. It might have gotten fixed for the summer update idk but when I was staff (right before the update) it was still an issue and was reportedly "fixed" even though it never was.

13) Remove rank requirements for certain staff ranks. Not all players know about this, but for example, only mod+ and above can deal with say allying situations. I get that the lower staff members are less experienced on the server, but that doesn't mean they have less brain capacity. If they're getting accepted on the server, they clearly have past experiences so they should have a good idea in what they're doing. It's retarded that a player should have to wait for god knows how long for a higher staff member to log on and deal with the situation when it's uncalled for. Also, it's not only allying, but if you want to ss someone for a booter and below the rank mod+, you can't. Why? fuck knows. If you can get ss verified at mod or even helper, you should be able to ss for whatever. Clearly you're trusted enough to know how to screenshare so what's the point in not letting someone do it. It's not like having a higher rank makes it harder for you to get your ip pulled and hit off. Pretty sure there's other stuff too but these were the two I had written down.

14) I mean I can say this all I want and nothings going to change, but remove the bias from the staff team as much as possible. Take everything away from the players, their history etc. and deal with situations in the most fair way possible. This is just more of a fixed mindset than anything but still plays a huge part in staffing.

I know there's more I could put here but I'm baked asf right now and just realized I've been typing this for like 30 minutes so I'm gonna call it quits here. If this post gets deleted @RETROUSSE we're going to have some more problems ok? ok

Last edited:

TaxLimit

Known member
I got it saved if it gets deleted, no worries.

So I'm just gonna say this right off the bat, this is just my opinion on everything I'm about to bring up and you don't need to agree with me, although if you do, or have something else to say on the matter, tell me in the comments. This can be taken however you want and for the higher up staff reading this, you could even use this as "recommendations" if you want although that's not really the intent of this post. I'm blacklisted now for some bullshit but I'm not gonna get into that at all or else this post is just gonna get deleted. Anyways I'll just get this shit started.

1) A pretty common one, but the staff team is FUCKED. Like unbelievably fucked. After calvin left the scene sage had to pull some random management out of their ass because (dont get me wrong ily arctic) but arctic just isn't active enough to manage the whole staff team by himself and deal with every little problem.

Here we have the amazing august 2020 staff list and I'm just gonna go through and say what's fucked up

Owner
Jacob[EU]
Maxhockey3[US] - literally leeching off the server for his % doesn't really contribute that much anymore
Headed [US]

Manager
Arcticcc[US] - could be a lil more active xd
str2 [US] - comes in an out of the server (3rd time coming back?) good guy just not the most consistent guy on manager

Platform Admin
ChronicSeizures [US] - ... LOL
scottay [US]

Senior Admin
Trixv [AU] - plays too much roxbot

Admin
Retrousse [US] - biased af (depending on whether he likes you or not) and allows that to get in the way of his decision making. Although while I say that, he is pretty active.. maybe a little too active
Adranii [US] - doesn't do jack shit
Gankah [US] - also doesn't do shit

Now before any questions me here in the admin section, I'd just like to ask if anyone has ever been moved into a support room by adranii or gankah. With that being said, there's only 1 admin that does something whether it's right or not and that alone is a problem for such a large network. There definitely needs to be at least another admin promotion or maybe even a replacement.

Senior Mod
crislol [US]
WolfSpeedMC [EU]

Mod+
IBeThieving [EU] - I don't even know why this guy is still on the staff list he hasn't done anything server related in over 4 MONTHS. For anyone that might not know, this guy is literally just on the staff list so it looks like there's more people than there are and for his shitty ss tool.
Tayshawn [US] - can't ss for his life
memebok [EU]

Mod
Patsy [AU]
MattTheOnlyOG [US]
souvenirs [US] - sometimes just randomly goes inactive (like the last time he was staff :D)
LookAtSense [EU]
MCHG [US]
OHIT [EU]
LittleRoss [EU]
Vuru [US]

Helper
Bannan [US]
AirResistance [AS]
2x12 [EU] - literally a staff member WITHOUT A MICROPHONE LIKE WHAT
Citadel [US]
Neexay [EU]
StarrBurrst [US]

I obviously have positive things to say about some of the staff members but this just isn't the post for it. If you don't have shit next to your name, then good job because you're probably actually doing a good job. Either that or I just have no idea who you are (directly mostly to the lower staff members).

2) Media requirements make no sense. Update it to something more logical than having youtuber rank at a "400 sub requirement" when you guys accepted them at like 100-200 depending on views. I've literally seen people not even bother to apply for a media rank just because they had no idea they had any chance of getting accepted. I'll say this once more, for emphasis: there's no point in having a requirement if you're not going to require it

3) Add an actual blacklist plugin already I'm tired of being banned for "chargeback" on a server I never spent any money on to begin with. Not only would it be practical but it would be more professional too.

4) End issues. I've noticed a common trend with some type of cancer in the end whenever I played. I noticed mainly 2 things. One being that there are just too many endermen and there really shouldn't be many around entrance to begin with (but there are). And two, the enderman pearl glitch thing. I don't really know how to word it but anyone that's experienced or seen it knows what I'm saying. In end if you pearl and from what I've heard "hit an enderman" you'll randomly teleport to some other place. This by itself could cause a couple issues. I've seen people get teleported under koth (which can be good or bad because you can't f home in an event zone but if you're barding here you're LITERALLY untouchable so gg) and I've seen other people fall into the void and die because they're on pearl cd. I don't really know where this bug came from because it hasn't always been a thing but it kinda just came out of nowhere a couple maps ago (and by a couple I mean like 3 months ago because I'm banned but yk)

5) This is following up on another post I made but make it so there's a more regulated time to have server resets. I get hcf is weekly and all, but I'm mainly talking about the other modes. Kitmap has sometimes taken a couple weeks to reset, and other times like 4 months. There has to be some sort of middle ground to make the resets a little more consistent.

6) This one is kind of common sense, but clearly the server hasn't latched onto the idea. Don't change a rule unless you think it's going to last. I say this because if anyone has ever read the rules or had access to the staff guide, you'd know that the allying rule gets changed literally weekly. Sometimes kitsniping is allowed, other times it's bannable. Sometimes selective targetting is allowed and other times it's not. The rule's been bent over and backwards to the point that literally anyone can get banned for it even though when they lasted checked up, what they were doing wasn't against the rules and that's just a huge problem. So yea just don't change the rule unless you think it's going to stay, don't change it just to have a temporary change.

7) Add more gamemodes bro I know jacob is competent enough to add other servers to his network and I know he has the funds for it too. If he adds something unique and that the players like (doesn't have to- actually scratch that shouldn't have to be anything that any other generic hcf server already has) Honestly, I don't even know why practice was added back on sage. I'm not complaining about it, but it released way back in the day and ziblacking streamed on it and everything and after a couple days it was still dead. The project itself had no chance of growing the server because it wasn't that anticipated or unique of a gamemode if you get what I'm saying. I feel like if something creative was added to sage, it would have potential from all sorts of playerbases depending on what it was.

8) Said this one on my last list of bullshit, but surprising this out of all things wasn't listened to. Do more events on kitmap. Nothings been done since the first couple days Headed came over from velt (which was literally 2 months ago) and when botings was here, he did it on a literal weekly basis. Not saying that it has to be that much, but it's just a comparison to then and now.

Now before I go onto the next couple I want to say that the biggest problems I've seen is a staff to player connection. Players have no idea what staff are doing and why. Well I can answer that by saying the rules they have to listen to now are BULLSHIT. After being staff twice now under 2 different managers I'm safe to say that the rules these new helpers have to listen to are ridiculous. It's literally like signing up to work at Auschwitz but you didn't know it was Auschwitz until you've seen the gas chambers. That's a really bad analogy but you get the idea. Reason I'm saying this is because these next couple suggestions are directed towards staff related stuff so players can have a better experience.

9) Get more flash admins. There's literally like 1 person who deals with flash appeals, 2 if you're going in headed's video LOL. There just aren't that many people with the rank for how many people get false banned by the anticheat. Not saying the anticheat is bad, but it has it's positives and negatives and a lot of people do end up getting false banned. Old sage had ~4 flash admins and I'd say that was probably a much better number to deal with the community.

10) Allow proof via discord - it doesn't make a difference if anyone uploads to youtube or shows the raw recording on discord, they'd be showing you the same thing. With that being said, showing a raw recording would probably actually be better because it would be unedited where as if you posted it on youtube it's so easy to edit and make the clip look like something its not. Not advising against youtube, just a thought. Some people have bad internet and it can take them multiple hours to upload some things which just isn't fair and yea the fact that discord proof isn't accepted is just kinda stupid. For staffing purposes, you could even record the raw recording and upload it yourself, it's your punishment after all.

11) Not sure if this one was actually fixed but the refund command didn't work for the longest time. It might have gotten fixed for the summer update idk but when I was staff (right before the update) it was still an issue and was reportedly "fixed" even though it never was.

12) Remove rank requirements for certain staff members. Not all players know about this, but for example, only mod+ and above can deal with say allying situations. I get that the lower staff members are less experienced on the server, but that doesn't mean they have less brain capacity. If they're getting accepted on the server, they clearly have past experiences so they should have a good idea in what they're doing. It's retarded that a player should have to wait for god knows how long for a higher staff member to log on and deal with the situation when it's uncalled for. Also, it's not only allying, but if you want to ss someone for a booter and below the rank mod+, you can't. Why? fuck knows. If you can get ss verified at mod or even helper, you should be able to ss for whatever. Clearly you're trusted enough to know how to screenshare so what's the point in not letting someone do it. It's not like having a higher rank makes it harder for you to get your ip pulled and hit off.

13) I mean I can say this all I want and nothings going to change, but remove the bias from the staff team as much as possible. Take everything away from the players, their history etc. and deal with situations in the most fair way possible. This is just more of a fixed mindset than anything but still plays a huge part in staffing.

Ok so I'm baked right now and just realized I've been typing this for like 30 minutes so I'm gonna call it quits here. If this post gets deleted @RETROUSSE we're going to have some more problems ok? ok

Amilla

Also ties i love how ur like being friends with Elize when he legit looked up ur dox lmaooo

Ties

Established member
Also ties i love how ur like being friends with Elize when he legit looked up ur dox lmaooo
im not friends with him

also don't care cause you're high if you think anyone has successfully doxed me

all it does is just prove hes harmless

Ties

Established member
I was there when u where cheating with chronic on velt LMAO
Again, I was never cheating rather going along with it for the meme

Headed ssed me and found nothing, I was cleaner than in between your rolls