Denied Staff Application - ohmydays

Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN (In Game Name): ohmydays

Timezone: CST

Do you own a quality microphone?: Yes, I do. I own a blue snowball.

Do you have Discord, Telegram & Teamspeak?:
I own each of these, and am able to be active on all.

Discord - reidxx#4944
Telegram - @reidyourbooks
Telegram - I will specify after/if staff reach out to me after reading my application.

Do you have any previous Staff Experience?:
As much as I would love to be able to list down multiple staff positions I have in the past, I am sadly lacking in that department. The only sense of staff experience I have had have been on OPCraft, the factions server. I was a moderator on the server, and it mostly consisted of me moderating chat, reading reports, solving problems players had, and banning hackers. I was a staff member on my old account, and am able to find and provide proof of that if it is needed.

Why do you want to become Staff?:
I would like to become staff on sagepvp because I feel as if I could bring a great amount of help to the servers staff team. I have been playing minecraft for well over 5 years, and I've gotten to meet a lot of people and become active in the minecraft community. I have had the opportunity to explore so many different types of servers, players, and youtubers/streamers. One of my favorite things to watch from minecraft youtubers are their staff series on hcf servers. I can remember watching so many different staff members staff series on parapvp, and it always inspired me and I made it a goal for myself to one day become a staff member on an HCF server. I know that I am able to bring not only my maturity, but my trust, to this server. I would love to be able to be given the opportunity to be a staff member on sagepvp, because it is a server that I genuinely enjoy and would love to keep a safe server away from Toxicity, Hackers, Etc. I also feel as if being a staff member on here would be an incredible learning experience. I admit that I am not as experienced as many others, and that I may not currently be the most amazing staff member possible, but I am dedicated to my jobs and I am excited to learn from possibly being staff on this server to better my understanding in staffing, and to improve the quality of the server to the best of my ability.

Why should we accept you as a Staff?:
I have always been known and described as the "Mom" in my friend group. Embarrassing, I know. They look at me as that because I have always been the one to take responsility when needed, been the mature one in the group to keep everyone safe, and i've overall just always been there to solve problems. In school I have always been on top of my work and driven to strive and succeed in not only school tasks, but any problem or job that is thrown at me. When there are times where I am in a situation where I don't know what to do, or I am not the best at whatever it is, I push myself to take the correct actions by reaching out to someone else and asking for advice or help, or tackling the task to the best of my ability and making sure that the problem is resolved. I am always ready to move on to whatever is thrown at me, and i'm always willing to learn something new or take feedback and improve on things that there is room for me to grow.

Because I have been playing HCF for many years, I am incredibly skilled in knowing how to assist players in time of need. I have a complete understanding of all the basic commands that are used;
/tempban (bans a player for whatever amount of time is specified)
^
Some reasons tempban should be used
• Admitting to hacks
• Block Glitching after warning
• Allying
•DTR boosting
/ipban (not only bans the player, but it bans the ip that is being used by them)
^
Ex. (If someone were to ban evade, you would go ahead and ban their ip so they are not able to log on with an alternate account on the same ip)

/ban (obviously, bans the player until they are unbanned or buys an unban)

/mute (mutes a player)
/tempmute (mutes a player for whatever amount of time is specified)
^
Some reasons mute should be used:
•Spamming
•Toxicity (Death threats, vulgar disrespect to a staff member or player, etc)

/Freeze, /SS (Freezes a person so that you can bring them into teamspeak to screenshare them or do whatever is needed in that situation)

/co i (used to inspect an element (block) and see who or when someone interacted with it)
^
Reasons /co i should be used
•If a faction were to be insided, I would /co i the chest to see who took out items, or whatever was insided.

Can any staff member vouch for you?:
Not that I know of

Additional Information:
I suppose i'll go ahead and talk a little bit about myself. My name is Reid, i'm 15 years old, and i've always been into technology. Last christmas I built my dream computer and It was one of the coolest things i've ever built. I plan on in the future either going into computer engineering/software engineering or going into psychology to become a licensed therapist. Aside from the love of technology, I also love being outside and hanging out with my friends. I've always been a pretty social person, and have loved played sports throughout my life. Baseball and basketball are my two favorite sports and I usually spend my freetime outside on the court or field. I am also into boxing, and I spend a lot of time in the gym working on my boxing technique. I also plan on doing a lot of travelling in the future. I have been saving up money since I was 7 to go on a tour to places i've always dreamed of going. Being surrounded by different cultures and different environments is very fascinating to me and I can't wait until the time I get to travel.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this, I hope I am a viable applicant and able to bring everything I can to this server.

Have an amazing day,
ohmydays

Trixkz

I literally suck at everything I have ever tried.
Denied:
Hello @reidyourbooks, thank you for taking the time to apply for a staff position on our network. Unfortunately, your application has been denied due to one or more of these reasons;

- Lack of Playtime,
- Plagiarism,
- Immaturity / Toxicity,
- Lack of detail / Experience,
- Failing to meet the requirements.

You will be eligible to re-apply after two weeks. We suggest you take this time to improve your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.