Denied Snaffyy's Staff Application!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaffyy

IGN:
Snaffyy

Timezone:
GMT But will am also willing to play during the night so Midnight in the Uk (GMT) is around 7pm EST.
Microphone: Yes I have a £50 microphone as my old ones broke but its still a very reliable mic and the sound is very clear!

United Kingdom

Do you have discord, telegram & TeamSpeak?:
At this moment in time I only have TS (Snaffyy) and Discord (snaffyy#6911) as I reset my PC not too long ago, I have never had a telegram account but if it is needed I am able to download it with no hesitation.

Do You have any previous staff experience?:
I used to be an admin on primepvp factions which generally had around 25 players regularly (I know that's not a lot but I believe I staffed on that server to the best of my ability, I wasn't abusive, I didn't ban players for no reason, I was fair to all and If they were cheating I would ban them fairly due to the cheats of which they were using and I also helped out the community, so for example if a player needed assistance I was normally the first staff member there to help them with their problem, whereas I know on SagePvP there will be a lot more assistance needed due to the type of game mode that it is because factions generally isn't a game mode where too much assistance is needed but with HCF you need to be as quick as you can due to deathbans and factions going raidable and to prevent these things!

Why Do you want to become staff?:
I would like to become staff on Sagepvp because I would like to try and help the server because when I have been on sage I haven't really seen too many active staff members, i'm not saying that there isn't any online but during my time on sage I haven't really noticed any active staff members, but also I feel like I can bring a variety of things to the sagepvp staff team because I can be very versatile when I am on my pc, for example If you message me during my sleep (I am on about when I am meant to be asleep) 9 times out of 10 I would say I would pick up discord, teamspeak or if needed telegram because I generally have my messages set loudly in case of an emergency, so If there isn't many staff members online and I am needed but I was asleep, all a staff member would need to do is call my or message me and most likely I will get on. Also I would like to help the community and be a staff member which people know they can rely on if they need help urgently, and having someone like that in a community is very positive, because I feel like it helps a community stick together as players believe in their staff team and will go to their staff team and say look something happened can you 'fix it' or this is glitched is their anything you can do?

Why should we accept you as staff?:
I am very active and dedicated to a server, so for example I don't get staff I will guarantee you that I will still play on sage whereas some of the staff applicants may just be applying as a long shot and if they don't get staff they would potentially move to a different server and reapply as staff on that server, but I am not just someone who wants to become staff I am someone who wants to help the server, and see the server grow even bigger than it already is and by having me the staff team you will also get an active player and staff member someone who will pretty much always be there because I believe I can dedicate around 8 - 10 hours a day on the server, that could be from 35 hours a week to potentially 70 hours a week! Even though I have a small amount of staff experience I feel like I could benefit the server in other ways that just my staff knowledge, but in other aspects which may potentially help develop the server, I believe I can bring new ideas to the server and I am also someone that people can talk to without me judging them, I wouldn't say I'm a loud person either but I'm not quite so there is always someone to talk to on the staff team.
I feel like by having someone like me on the staff team would really benefit sage in a way because creativity is not something which everyone has everyone is creative in their own way and I feel like one thing I'm good at is coming up with new ideas for HCF and I know its hard to come up with new ideas now because there are so many HCF servers which are unique in their own way and they may use some of these ideas so you get called out for using the ideas' but having people who are good at staffing and people who are good with players, and coming up with new ways to help develop and help improve the player bases experience on server is key, to having a great staff team! And I believe I am one of them people, I would back my self as a good staff member, yes there are things I'm not great at but there are also things that I would say I'm quite good at, for example communication, getting something across to a player who might not understand what a staff member means when explaining something. But the things that I'm not as good at for I am willing to learn from other staff members and that is one of the key traits that I believe I have and that is that I am willing to learn whereas some of the other staff applicants might not be willing to learn.

Thing which I believe I can bring to sage!:
Loyalty, I am an active player on servers, I don't server hop like some players and I have joined sage as I enjoy HCF and the Sage community isn't toxic like other servers and I would like to help keep It that way, I can dedicate at least 6 hours a day on Sage so you know if you accept me you will have a very active staff member!
Respect; Respect is the most important thing for me, having respect for every player and every staff member is key because if you don't respect someone they aren't likely to want to communicate to you if there is a problem or they need help on the server, which is one of the main aspects of being a staff member, to help out the community!
Communication; I would say that I am good with my words and when trying to communicate with players on the server I can explain a situation quite well if someone doesn't understand it, I also speak a bit of French so I can translate some parts of French if worst comes to worse but I know that I can talk to players well and I can explain things to players if they don't understand and i think that is very important in a staff member.
Patience; Being patient isn't something which everyone is good at and I would say I'm patient, I'm not someone who complains when something is taking to long for example higher tier staff sorting out a problem on the server, or queuing for a server for over 3 hours, but in general having a patient staff member like me I feel like it would help benefit sage because I wouldn't be nagging the owners or developer to see what is going on like some of the other staff members might I would merely try and help come up with a solution or a fix for the problem if I could!
Honesty; Honesty makes a good staff member, having someone you know won't lie to you is great, and I know that I wouldn't lie especially if I was in the wrong for something, for example if I banned someone who looked like they were blatantly cheating, but essentially it was them there was a reason why they looked so sketchy I would admit to the 'false ban' because I believe that lying doesn't get you anywhere and when the staff team wouldn't trust you or doesn't believe you then what is the point in being staff!
Profanity: This is very important for being a staff member too because you want someone who is good punctually and I am good punctually, some staff members may swear almost all the time but I rarely swear, and If I did swear it wouldn't be in the company of a regular player because I feel like that gives them a negative vibe towards you because if your just cursing while they are in TS or discord with them it might unsettle them (depending on how old they are I guess) or who it is (if they curse a lot) But I can act very professional and make sure that I don't curse.
Can any staff member vouch for you?:

No, I don't think I know any of the staff members.

Additional information?:
Monday Nights I play football at 9pm GMT mostly for around 1 hour, and during the week on a Wednesday from 4pm to 9pm GMT I wont be on but I can make up for the hours by playing during the night so from 9pm to around 3-4am GMT. Plus my real name is George

Last edited:

EloUp

Established member
[-1]
Decent detail

Add a color scheme
Add center alignment.
No proof of past staff.
Best of luck on your application my friend,
Eloup

snaffyy

[-1]

Decent detail

Add a color scheme

Add center alignment.

No proof of past staff.

Best of luck on your application my friend,

Eloup
Thank you for the constructive criticism!, I have gone through a tried to adapt my staff application on the advice which you gave me, hope this is better and even due to my lack of staffing experience I feel like I can still help sage if was to get staff, having little staff experience doesn't generally mean you are less qualified to be staff but I understand where you are coming from and I appreciate the response!

EloUp

Established member
[You triggered my +1 card]
(Updated response)

Much better detail
Put much more effort into this.
Change the questions from green to regular black. (My opinion)

Kuttans

[+1]
  • Great application throughout
  • Great previous moderating experiences
  • Meets all requirements & seems qualified
I recommend to remove your current color scheme since it doesn't look good, especially with all the rainbow colors.

Good luck on your application. :)

King Regards,

PR2

[+1]

- Great application
- Good knowledge & staffing experience

Cheers and good luck :)
~PR2​

snaffyy

[+1]
  • Great application throughout
  • Great previous moderating experiences
  • Meets all requirements & seems qualified
I recommend to remove your current color scheme since it doesn't look good, especially with all the rainbow colors.

Good luck on your application. :)

King Regards,
Thank you for the feedback I have changed my application to better suit the look of my application!

Trixkz

I literally suck at everything I have ever tried.
Denied:
Hello @snaffyy, thank you for taking the time to apply for a staff position on our network. Unfortunately, your application has been denied due to one or more of these reasons;

- Lack of Playtime,
- Plagiarism,
- Immaturity / Toxicity,
- Lack of detail / Experience,
- Failing to meet the requirements.

You will be eligible to re-apply after two weeks. We suggest you take this time to improve your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.