Denied SkillsMasters Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timezone:
I live in Chicago so CST. One hour behind EST, one hour ahead of MST, two hours ahead of PST, and 6 hours behind BST.

I live in Chicago, so United States.

Do you own a quality microphone?:
Yes, I have a pretty good headset, Logitech G432 so you should be able to hear me clearly.

Do you have Discord, Telegram & Teamspeak?:
Yes, I have all of them. My discord is SkillsMasters#7366. I don't want to post my Telegram on a public post since I also use it for friends, but if I make it past this stage I will give it to you,

Do you have any previous Staff Experience?:
Yes I do! I started on small servers so if I get accepted this will be my first major server.

PlasticHCF
A very nice Kit Map server, however, it shut down. I was a Trial-Mod here for some time but the entire server loved me and I just never got a promotion. However, most of the community thought I deserved one. In this server, I learned how to screen share people and learned how to identify cheaters. This is the server that helped me keep the server safe, how to keep it away from toxicity, and generally how to stop negative behavior. Although I learned a lot from this server, it was missing one thing, how to help the people.

DrenixPvp
I was a Sr. Mod on this server but I eventually left because of unfair treatment and favoritism. This server was the server where I learned how to help the player base. I helped the people on this server a lot. This server was a great one to experience how to help others. I wasn't staffing long after the release, because I quit, so this was not the server where I learned how to control negative behavior (PlasticHCF was, as mentioned before) it was the server where I learned how to connect with other players and try to be the best I could. In this server, I realized how I should conduct myself with the owners, with the player base, and with other staff members lower than me. This server helped me learn how I should behave and help other players.

ExcileHQ
I was a Trial-Mod here. My time here was brief but I learned how to identify cheaters and help other players.

RivialHQ
This server shut down but I was owner. I didn't get much out of this but I thought I would include it anyways.

NebulaMC
This server never came out but I was owner and helped with some plugins.

Why do you want to become Staff?:
I want to become staff because this community is a community I want to help in. This server has a lot of potential and I want to help it become all it can be. I can't sit idly by while others are helping this community and I am just enjoying it. I want to help it grow, help it be better, do something that I will be proud of. If I just sit by and watch as other people work hard to make this server good, it will make me feel bad because I am not putting in my own effort to help.

I am also an extremely hard worker. I've been training Kung Fu with my dad since I was 5. Kung Fu takes a lot of time and dedication. It isn't something you do overnight. I think that this can help me because I can be patient, kind, dedicated, and can work under stress. I am a hard worker and have good grades. Currently, I only have one B and the rest are A's. I can work hard and under stress. I learn to adapt to certain situations. This is important for staff members because not every situation is the same and we must be able to adapt to these situations and see what we can do in these situations.

Detection to the task without distractions is good quality. I keep making references to Kung Fu, and I am about to make one more. Kung Fu, every fight isn't the same, you have to be able to adapt. This is something I practice on a daily basis. I know how to adapt, I know how to calm a situation. Kung Fu isn't all about fighting, we know how to discipline ourselves and have a strength of mind. One of the things I learned is to stop a fight before it starts. Understand someone's choice of words and the way they speak. This is important because this can help me calm certain situations. I can stop fights with players and staff.

As a staff member, we must always be ready to conduct ourselves so that we are ready to deal with any situation. Therefore, it would be hard for us to prepare. The best way to do it is to adapt. As Einstein once said, “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” You can’t call yourself “smart” or “better-fitted” just because of staff experience. You can be staff on a million servers but if you’re not able to adapt, that isn’t intelligence. The ability to change, the ability to adapt is true intelligence. It is like a math equation, you might understand one but what about the next. It all comes down to having a base knowledge. You must understand the core of it, but then you have to apply that knowledge. Why is it that people who are good at math are able to solve every basic equation? This is because they have core knowledge and were able to adapt. We must be able to do the same here. That is a quality I do possess and I wish to expand further through this server.

I want to be staff on this server because I want to expand my knowledge. I don’t want to brag but I am quite good at math and am two-three classes above in my math class. You might be thinking, what does math have to do with a staff application? Well, this just proves how logically I can think. Did you know that statistics prove that if you have knowledge and is “smart” it is actually less likely you will turn into a life of crime? Some believe that school teaches you useless things, that you will never apply it in life. It isn’t the skills it brings, but the cultivation. It turns you into a better person because even data proves that people who are “smarter” turn into better people.

School teaches you how to think better. In math, it teaches you how to look at a problem differently. It teaches you that there is more than one solution if you just open your mind to the possibilities. Life is full of surprises and we might be given many problems but there are just as many solutions if not more.

Being a staff member is the ability to talk, the ability to connect with someone. If being a staff member is all about helping, how can we help, then we need to be able to talk to someone in a meaningful, and powerful way. I am somewhat of a philosopher, I have some ideas about how to live my life. Yes, I know I am young. However, age is just a number. Even Sun Quan, who was 9 years old, went into the enemy’s camp alone to retrieve his father’s remains. Even the Supreme Ancestor Liu Bang was carrying a bow fighting on the field at the age of 9. Sun Quan later became the Marquis of Wu, one of the Three Kingdoms. The book the Romance of the Three Kingdom talks about this deadly time period. I am not mentioning this for no reason, although it supports my argument it also tells you how well learned I am and how good I am at literature. As literature is one of Confucius's six arts (which I study all of them) I have been learning them for all my life. I know about history and everything. Learning is my passion, I love learning, however, I want to apply this knowledge.

Applying knowledge is very simple if given the chance. I am reaching out to you, to become staff on this server so I may test myself to my abilities, I want to be able to help in a community where if I mess up, it won’t create much damage because it is just a video game. However, if I get no experience, no way to expand my knowledge, won’t I just be a person who will mess up in life? My parents use to say everyone has knowledge but not everyone has the experience. Experience plays a huge factor in your life. I will go back to my math example, if someone knows how to solve equations, they are given the method, but never actually seen an equation, how likely are they to be able to get a 100% on a math test on equations? Not very likely, they may get a high grade, but to never see an equation in their life? The same here, I want to apply my knowledge so I can turn into a better person in the future.

Why should we accept you as a Staff?:
You should accept me as staff because I have been with this server for a while and am familiar with the community and with the owner. I would love to help this community and I am very dedicated to my work. If I am accepted I would put all my effort into this server so it can become the best it can be. I am not trying to push myself and the server to its limits, I am pushing it to pass the limits so it can be the best HCF server out there. I want to help instead of enjoying the hard work everyone else is making. The owner is putting in so much hard work into this server. He has faced hatred, disapproval, and people telling him to give up. If the owner won't give up I won't. I want to help this server, I want to make sure that I can repay all the kindness and hard work the developers, staff, and especially the tenacious owner. I love this server and its community, I want to be something bigger than just a member or a Youtuber, I want to be something that can help. A thing that people would say "Thank you" to. If I am accepted I will do my utmost ability to help this server and its community.

Being a staff member requires many many skills. I believe I have all of those skills. Those skills as mentioned before (but not going to repeat all of it) are something that is essential. The staff has to deal with toxic players and hackers. This is something that staff members should know how to handle. I know how to handle situations and can help people. I love helping people and that is one of the reasons I should be accepted.

Staff also can't give any preferential treatment. I won't give someone an easy way out of things just because I know them or they are my friend. I can be strict when needed and am a knowledgeable person. I have grades, I am honest, and I think that compared to other staff members, I can help people and I can dedicate a lot of time and am a loyal person.

Loyalty, the most important aspect of a staff member and pretty much anything else in life. Staff members have to be loyal to their server. They can't do it for the wrong reasons. I am not here for rank and power. I am here out of loyalty, kindness, and a desire to help.

Although loyalty can be important, what could be more important than being able to bear humiliation. Every staff member must conduct themselves so they would not easily anger, and be able to bear the humiliation sometimes. Minecraft is a game, so as with any game, there are very young players out there, in fact, Minecraft’s player base is almost entirely made up of young players. Therefore these young players might be angry towards us and try to embarrass us. We as staff members must be able to bear the humiliation just as Han Xin did. “Even Han Xin had to crawl between someone’s legs.” This is a Chinese saying, Han Xin was a famous general in the Han Dynasty, when he was a child, however, he was always bullied, one time a bully made Han Xin crawl between the bully’s leg (which was an embarrassing thing to do at the time). We must all follow his example and in a way “crawl between someone’s legs” and show that we must be humble.

Trust me when I say I will not be that person who gains an inch and asks for a mile. I will not be begging for rank and power. However, what I will do is ask you to consider seeing what I am doing to better your server. I hope you may understand where I am coming from and see it in your heart to accept me. I will not let you down and I will do my best ability to make your server the best out there.

Can any staff member vouch for you?:
I have been friends with NiceRefill before. I am a good support of his and if you ask him just call me SkillsMasters, he should remember me.

Additional Information:
Sorry for all of these references to history. I treated this like I would with an essay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.