Denied My staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumTmes

Minecraft Username – CallumTimes

What is your age? – I am 18 years old.

What is your timezone? – GMT

What country are you from? – Norway

How many hours a week are you able to put into Sagepvp? – Due to me being on summer break from college, I can dedicate a significant amount of the day to being on the server.so on on the weekdays, I am available from around the times of 9am to 10pm. However, I typically work a part-time job on weekends so on those days, I could still be quite active,
but just have my available times starting a little later in the day since I commonly work the morning shifts.

This would mean I could be on around the times of 6pm to 11pm on weekends. In terms of the forums, I can be active there almost the entire day and every day as I have the ability to do that from my phone and, as a teenager, I naturally have my phone with me everywhere I go.

t7bmRpfE6I-e5SboJ_x2vlah8aSMjV3ul5fI41OqYf6ZmKVYTXS4ggvr06mVtVzWz5jZRbsmYmJQW1ZRj0nC8t-WvkXQ9KGJ6ii1NXKFmycmKPV9iUxM3MYE2PJWsmwq_fkJQswT
Even after I return to college, I will still be able to play about 4 hours a day on weekdays and any time from 11am to midnight on weekends.

Do you have any experience holding staff positions? – i have been in the staff position on 1 other server
My previous where i was staff on:
OP Anarchy last server is my favorite server that I have ever been staff on. I started out as a helper on that server and worked very hard and showed lots of dedication to eventually work my way up to admin. As an admin, I made a huge difference on that server. I was an admin for about a year before stepping down with the satisfaction that I did the best work I could. I would have stayed a lot longer but the server got a new owner who didn’t work well with the existing staff members, ultimately causing a lot of them to leave. This particular server had around 100 players. My biggest accomplishment as a staff member on this server was planning an entire revamp for one part of the server that myself and other admins implemented to improve player activity on that part of the server. This is the server that I spent the most time on as both a normal player and a staff member. I played on this server for roughly 3 years as an average player and then was a staff member for 2 years. I advanced through the ranks of staff and up to admin daily quickly relative to other members of the staff team, only taking about a year to obtain the admin rank. Unfortunately, this server is no longer around as it was sold to another person and completely changed. Thankfully, I still know and talk to a few of the people I played with on that server and I still have many great memories and learning experiences that I took away from this server.
The reason why i want to become a staff member:
Why do you want to become a staff member? – I feel that this question wouldn’t be fully answered without introducing my background in Minecraft and how it all started for me. I first started playing Minecraft about 6 years ago when I was 12, and I loved it! I had heard a lot about the game before I got it and really wanted it.

My friend is the one who first showed me how to play before I got it. I just played on single player for the first few months and LOVED it, I thought it couldn’t get any better.

Then I discovered multiplayer and servers and proved myself wrong – it could get better and it definitely did.

Through multiplayer servers, I met so many cool friends from all around the world and still contact some of them to this day. These servers had an overwhelming amount of fun games to play compared to just playing by myself in a vanilla world. Ever since then, the majority of my time on Minecraft if not all of it has been spent in multiplayer.

Overview
I want to become a staff member because I feel that I can put forth very good ideas about how to improve and change the server for the better. Players have been looking up to me and asking me for help with things around the server ever since I started playing on Sage Pvp Being a helper would encourage more players to ask me questions and give me a chance to help them with many things since I have noticed that players are often hesitant to ask questions if a staff member is not online

. Additionally, I'd like to be a staff member because I am very familiar with the rules for all of the servers on Sage pvp which will better help me enforce and know how to handle them. Also, I will restate that I have been on the server for a significant amount of time therefore making a lot of friends who respect and like me. I feel that I would be very useful and helpful to the community because of the fact that I am on the server so much. This means that I can dedicate my free time to helping players on the server and making their experience even more enjoyable than it already is!

I feel that I have many if not all of the most important qualities of a staff member. I have been a staff on a number of server previously and have helped populate those servers. I brought good ideas to the table and was a popular, well known staff member. I am an overall friendly guy who loves Minecraft. I play on Sagepvp about 60% of the time that I am on Minecraft overall.

I have been playing on the server for a long time and plan to stay for as long as possible! Furthermore, I want to be staff because as opposed to many players who heavily focus on one gamemode, I am fairly active on almost all of the servers and can monitor them to make sure everything is running smoothly (even though I do spend more time on hcf. This would give ease to the staff team because they wouldn't have to worry about watching so many servers at once. Another major reason why I want to be a staff member on Sagepvp is because this server is one of the few servers that I have really gotten to know over time and to be able to finally help the server in a different way as a staff member would be a great experience for me. From the time I joined, I had always looked up to the staff members and admired them for all of the time and effort they put into the server, and I was very appreciative of it.

At that point, I never even thought about the idea of becoming a staff member but over time, the idea started to grow on me and I realized how exciting it would be to "pay it forward" and help out the new players that are in the same position I once was when I first joined.

As I know from joining many different servers, it can be quite intimidating getting to know people on the server, figuring out how to play all of the gamemodes, etc. and I would love to be able to make this process as fun and smooth as possible for new players. My goal in mind with this would be to make their first impression of the server a great one so that they will continually come back to play more.

In addition to a smooth entry onto the server, I'd like to be able to engage new players into the community and create a more open playing environment where new players aren't afraid to meet new people. As a new player on a server, especially when I was younger, it was a bit intimidating trying to talk to people in chat who seemed to already have their specific groups of friends on the server.

Essential Qualities/Characteristics
I feel that being a staff member means having some specific qualities and characteristics that make a person efficient, welcoming, and simply well rounded overall. I think that a very important quality that every staff member should have is experience. Having experienced staff would make for quicker responses and reactions towards certain things that may occur, as well as knowing how to handle a wider variety of situations.

I feel that I am very experienced with basic server commands and even some of the more complicated commands. I am friendly to staff members and all other players and enjoy interacting with them, talking to them, and helping them out whenever they need it!

With my experience as a staff member on many well developed servers, I have learned that patience and tolerance are 2 of the most important qualities a staff member can have. I feel that I have both of these qualities. With patience, I can handle certain situations in a more calm and official manner. With tolerance, I can resist the urge to fight back at something like some others may not be able to do.

Friendliness is always important in a staff member because the staff members are a big part of how someone views the server and whether they like it or not. I am very friendly due to the fact that I am always trying my best to help new players on the server and also welcoming new players and showing them the basics. This gives them a good first impression on the server which is always the most important therefore more players would stay on the server for a long time.

Passion
The word that best describes me would probably be "passionate". I am passionate about everything I put time into. Passion in itself can also mean dedication, positive work ethic, care, excitement, etc and also of these things describe my attitude, or "passion", for Minecraft, or more specifically for the MineSaga server. For every server I have been staff on, and even servers I just played on as an average player, I have shown passion that has stood out to many of the staff members and other players. This passion reminds players that they can come to me with the confidence that I'll be able to help them with any problems or questions they might have. Additionally, my passion for the server gives other staff members peace of mind knowing that the server will be in good hands if I am online and moderating the server by myself and that I will put forward nothing but my best for the server.

I wish the best of luck to all other applicants and I encourage everyone reading this to leave a comment with their feedback!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.