Denied Mukilteo Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mukilteo

IGN (In-Game Name): Mukilteo

Timezone:
Pacific Standard

Do you have any previous staff experience?:
Yes. I honestly will not be able to make a list of all my experiences being staff, but it goes way back.

Why would you like to become a staff member?:
Minecraft has always been a passion of mine. I started playing this game way back when I was in elementary school, and haven't looked back. It was a few years before I really got involved in the Minecraft community, but I fell in love instantly. I loved the toxicity, the kindness, the people you encounter of all ages and orientation. It was fascinating to me how when I was 12 years old I could have a conversation with an adult about a game we both loved deeply. Being 15 in this day in age is difficult to say the least. It seems like everywhere I look I get turned down, ignored, and society in general is incredibly condescending. However, Minecraft was always there for me. I knew I could always log on and play with my best friends without fear of being judged. It was just a game we all played. Recently I've been trying to find a job. Being this age isn't cheap, which isn't news to most people. There are a lot of things I have to fund-drivers ED, food, phone bills, etc.. Well, my luck hasn't been too great in the job field. It's not that I am not cut out for a position, it's the fact that I am only 15, and corporations would rather hire someone a year older than me. So, I decided to apply for a position on a Minecraft server, which to me is the closest thing I can work for. Obviously there is no money that comes with this responsibility, but the experience never hurts. I love this game, I love helping people (which I know sounds corny asf but it is the truth).

If accepted, how would you improve the players' experience?:
Well I want to be more than just a staff member to the players. Doing my job correctly, and making sure there is order is incredibly important, and I recognize that, but I would like to make friends with the players. It is a lot easier in my opinion to work with someone who trusts and respects you as a person, and with that level of trust I believe I can get a lot more work done for the community, and create and outlet for players to reach out to me about things that may be affecting them personally.

If you were to rate your honesty on a scale of 1-10, what would it be and why?
6. If I break this down logically, I have lied thousands of times in my life, it's part of growing up. However, the things I lie about/the people I lie to, matter. When I am employed to do a job, it is dire that there is full communication between me and my employer, to make sure that the job gets done efficiently, and correctly. I do not believe in lying to protect my position, I would rather take full responsibility for my mistake. I am not above the players, or the server, so me lying would be me completely disregarding everything I have written in this application, and I simply do not see the point.

Can any current staff members vouch for you?:
No

Additional Information?:
No

Outgam3r

Did you not see? Staff applications are closed and also there is no where near enough detail.

Et43

-1 even if apps were not closed there was an immense lack of detail and staff proof.

C

calvin

Thank you for taking the time to submit an application, but unfortunately it’s been denied.

- Lack of detail

You may re-apply in 2 weeks time. Please take this time to revise your application if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.