Denied CrxssCourt's Staff Application (South Africa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrxssCourt

IGN (In-Game Name):
CrxssCourt

Timezone:
UTC+2

South Africa

Do you have a good quality mic?:
Yes, I am currently using the Astro A10 headset

Do you have Discord, Telegram and Teamspeak?:
Yes, I have all 3 of those platforms

How many hours can you put in the server per week:
Mondays: 4 hours
Tuesdays: 4 hours
Wednesdays: 4 hours
Thursdays: 4 hours
Fridays: 9 hours
Saturdays: 10-15 hours
Sundays: 5-12 hours
During the holidays, I can put between 10-15 hours per day, no matter what day it is

Any past experiences in being a staff member?:
The Nether/PvPStreet - Admin (50-130 players)

PvpStreet/TheNether is a Factions server that I managed to work my way up to admin position on. I applied for staff on this server in Early January and was staff from then onwards for about 4 months before I made the decision to resign from my position in the staff team. The server had a successful release peaking at 156 players and kept a stable daily player base of between 50-130 players.

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/96JwfjW

CavePvP - Moderator (150-200 players)

About 3 months ago, I decided to apply for staff on CavePvP as I honestly thought the server had a lot of potentials to strive further. I ended up getting accepted and 1 month later I got promoted to Moderator. The server was going through a lot of drama with the media owners, and just the staff team in general, leading me to resign from my position of Moderator.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u3DOlKuzEc

HCRival - Moderator (30-60 players)

HCRival is a sister network of CavePvP that I decided to apply for staff on. I started getting to know the staff team and all the players and noticed that the community is actually quite friendly and just spreads around a good vibe. This was my reasoning for applying for staff on the network. My application got accepted within 1 month of applying, and soon after I got promoted to Moderator on the server. I came to the tough decision of resigning from my position on HCRival so that I can focus on my grades at school and just gather myself and create a balance between gaming and my education.

Proof: No proof screenshots/videos were taken but if any proof is needed, I can get confirmation of my staff position from the 2 Owners of HCRival.

These were not the only networks/servers that I have been staff on in the past but these were the biggest, I thought that these were the only relevant servers to list as listing other small servers serves no purpose and shows no great achievement.

Why do you want to become staff?:
I want to become staff on SagePvP for multiple reasons but will only be listing the main ones below to keep it short and sweet. I have a passion for helping others and in the past 5 years of playing Minecraft, I have broadened my experience moderation and just helping players in general. I have been staff on many servers in my history of Minecraft and they have all added to who I am today, all teaching me different things are useful for me today such as patience, dedication, respect and more values like those. I have known about SagePvP for a while and can see that this server is extremely successful. Even though this network has a large player base, I see no reason for it not to strive further, which is what I am hoping to achieve, I want to see this network keep growing and succeeding. I am very experienced with administration and moderation on Minecraft servers, I know almost every staff command and have a good eye for cheaters, even if they are using slight modifications such as ghost clients with reach and such... I enjoy punishing players for violating the rules of the server and I just enjoy staffing on HCF in general. When I help other people I get a good feeling inside which I think every person should experience at least once.

I have been playing HCF for the past 2 years and I have a ton of knowledge with how this game mode works, which is good because I am able to relate and understand questions that players might have about the game mode and how things within the server work. I am able to control myself quite well and am a very efficient worker. I know how to get the job done without wasting time, I always do things at my best ability, whether it will be helping in Teamspeak, posting information about the network somewhere, or anything in general - I always stay professional to give the server a good name. From what I have seen on the network, the player base has always been positive and I have never encountered any negative situations as a player, which is another reason why I find this network unique compared to others out there.

Why should we accept you as staff?:
I think you should accept me as a staff member on SagePvP because of my contributions that I can provide to the server, the amount of past staff experience I have in this field (HCF) is large, which I can bring all knowledge gained from all past servers and use it on the SagePvP network while moderating. I know how to follow rules and punish accordingly (following the staff guide). Over the years playing this game, I have gotten a better understanding of the community and how to get messages across to people in different situations. I just feel that I should encourage everyone around me to be the best version of themselves, doing this will just make the community a little better which is the path I am hoping to take a long my journey as a staff member on SagePvP. To end off with why you should accept my as a staff member is because of the set of values I have, I always put others before myself and I stay positive no matter what, and at all times do I try show as much respect and resilience as possible.

Respect
I was brought up told to respect everyone around me, despite whether I dislike them or not. I show respect to everyone, I have never been someone that is 'toxic' as I know how to manage my emotions accordingly and how to keep my act together.

Dedication
I have been staffing for a while now in the HCF community and have learned that things cannot be done in short periods of time. I am extremely dedicated to HCF moderation and just anything that relates to staffing in general.

Active
Besides my passion for helping others and staffing, I enjoy playing Minecraft so I am extremely active in the game whether I am moderating or not. I enjoy playing Minecraft so it gives me another motive to spend more of my time on the server. I will be active not only in-game but also in the Discord/Teamspeak and Forums. Constantly helping the community and making sure everything is going smoothly.

Reports
When moderating on servers, I know that you get different types of reports, types that require immediate action to be taken and others that just need to be passed on to higher staff members to take care of them. I know how to react in different situations of reports made by other players and I never lose my posture.

Screensharing
I know a lot about screen sharing, I have used many different tools for screen sharing such as Process Hacker and Paladin. I am fully aware of how to conduct a proper screen share and how to find a client or a ghost client on a players computer. I also know to stop any recording softwares before starting the screen share process. I am also able to read over a screenshare guide and remember the steps in detail quite fast.

Hackers
I have encountered many different types of hackers in my past and now know how to clearly differentiate cheaters from the legitimate players, I have a good eye for ghost client users and can tell when they are using modified reach or modules like that.

Maturity
For my age, I would say that I have quite a high maturity level compared to others of my age group. I do not laugh about immature topics or random situations. When helping other players, I never raise my voice even if the situation is getting heated. I know how to keep my temper and how to respond in different situations whilst staying professional.

Loyalty
I am extremely loyal to whoever I work for on a server, under no circumstance will I ever leak classified information/documents about the server. I am a trustworthy person that can always be left with something to complete and will do it with no hassle. I do not leave things until the last minute.

Professional
In the past few years, I have gained more knowledge about staffing and have become more professional each day from every server I have been staff on in the past. When speaking to someone else, whether its another staff member or a normal player. I treat everyone equally no matter of their authority level.

Attitude
In my opinion, I take staffing quite seriously as you need to know exactly what you are doing at all times so you do your job correctly. There is a time to be serious and a time for fun, I know when its the time for seriousness. I have a good attitude for a person of my age and always stay positive.

Can any staff member vouch for you?:
As of right now, I have never gotten to know any of the staff members, so none would be able to vouch for me.

Additional Information:
I really appreciate you taking the time to read my entire application! Please leave a rating down below(-1,0,+1) based on what you thought about my application. If you think I can expand on some answers for certain questions, let me know as well so I can improve my application.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.